Four Peaks

Moderators: HAZ - Moderators, AZT - Moderators

Linked Guides  • Four Peaks Trail #130, AZ  • Four Peaks - AZT #20, AZ
Linked Areas none
currovivorideo
City, State: Logan, Utah

Four Peaks

Post by currovivorideo » Mar 05 2012 7:45 am

Im planning a hike this coming weekend on the Four Peaks trail. Anybody been up the last few weeks? How is the snow/ice conditions?
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds awake in the day to find it is vanity. The dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes and make them reality.

outdoor_lover
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Re: Four Peaks

Post by outdoor_lover » Mar 05 2012 2:23 pm

With the temps what they are supposed to be this week, I think ice will be a bigger factor than snow. If you're going on Sat. maybe we'll see ya up there...
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

Boscoaz
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Boscoaz » Mar 06 2012 11:03 am

Outdoor Lover wrote:With the temps what they are supposed to be this week, I think ice will be a bigger factor than snow. If you're going on Sat. maybe we'll see ya up there...
@Pam: Is anyone else going to join us on Saturday? I am flying to Florida tomorrow for business so I will not be back in town until late Thursday. If you need to coordinate anything give me a call on my cell. By the way, I got the phone number to the pizza place in Tonto basin. We can call in our order from the trailhead :y:
BoscoAZ
Action Conquers Fear - Peter Nivio Zarlenga

BobP

Post by BobP » Mar 06 2012 11:25 am

Order....the Pine Mountain(i think) pizza....its awesome. toppings are frekin loaded..great after hike meal....i may join you guys just for that.
http://www.blindmotivation.com
http://www.seeitourway.org
Always pronounce Egeszsegedre properly......
If you like this triplog you must be a friend of BrunoP

The_Eagle
City, State: Far NE Phoenix, Az

Post by The_Eagle » Mar 06 2012 11:45 am

IMO....some of the Best Pizza in the State of Arizona!

Big Daddy's Pizza
5.0 stars

100 Salado Trl
Tonto Basin, AZ 85553
(928) 479-3223
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
Dave Barry

outdoor_lover

Post by outdoor_lover » Mar 06 2012 7:22 pm

@Boscoaz
No one from my end of things, it'll be just me. So unless your friend is coming, it will be just three of us.

Hey thanks everyone for the input about Big Daddy's. I hope boscoaz likes pizza or there may be some sort of mutiny at the end of the day... :D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

oceanwithin
City, State: AZ

Post by oceanwithin » Mar 09 2012 4:58 pm

coanbru wrote:IMO....some of the Best Pizza in the State of Arizona!

Big Daddy's Pizza
5.0 stars
I 100% agree, this is my favorite pizza place in the state!! So delicious!!

DBmooner
City, State: chandler, Az

Post by DBmooner » Mar 09 2012 6:43 pm

was going to hike the four peaks section of the Az trail at the end of the month can you guys tell me about any water u see and how the springs are flowing i would be very greatfull i drink alot and would like to not have to take 2 days worth of water

outdoor_lover

Post by outdoor_lover » Mar 09 2012 6:46 pm

@DBmooner
Will do.

outdoor_lover

Post by outdoor_lover » Mar 12 2012 8:22 pm

@DBmooner
Good luck finding water up there right now....Granite Spring was as dry as a bone. Did not check any of the other springs due to time issues, but there was only one creekbed flowing about a mile from Lone Pine Saddle, and it was a small flow. That is it. No snowmelt runoff, nothing. There is patches of snow on the upper part of the Trail, so you could possibly melt some, but.....Depending on when you go, I would not depend on there being a water source available at this point, anything you find should be considered a bonus.... :?

currovivorideo

Post by currovivorideo » Mar 13 2012 6:32 am

Thanks! I thought this thread would post responses to my email. I was wondering if anybody used this forum! I took your advice and am doing the Superstition ridgeline on the 31st. Anyone know if there is a setting to enable email?
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds awake in the day to find it is vanity. The dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes and make them reality.

chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by chumley » Mar 13 2012 7:28 am

I'm not sure if it will send an email, but if you click in the "subscribe to this topic" link at the very lower-left corner of this page, you will be notified when there are new posts in the thread.

Not sure where it notifies you though. On the home page in a green box?

You can definitely find it by clicking on your username in the top right corner, and selecting "Account Settings" from the drop down menu. Then click on Manage Subscriptions in the Overview tab.
Profound observer

currovivorideo

Post by currovivorideo » Mar 13 2012 2:39 pm

I'll check that out. Thanks!

chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by chumley » Mar 13 2012 2:44 pm

I just got an email after having subscribed to the thread. So that works.
Profound observer

DBmooner
City, State: chandler, Az

Post by DBmooner » Mar 13 2012 4:02 pm

cool thank you for checking for me that sucks that i will have to take 2 days worth of water but dont want to risk there not being any snow when i get to higher in elevation

Return to “AZT Hiking”