Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Spiced Rum
Calipelli
City, State: California

Trail Maintenance 17-20 May.

Post by Spiced Rum » Feb 26 2017 12:11 pm

Just wanted to invite my Equestrian friends if anyone is interested

Just an update on the proposed plan for the Mazatzal Trail maintenance from 17-20 May 2017. I will arrive at Rye on the Evening of 15 May and plan on hiking from the Barnhardt trailhead up Y-Bar to Bear Springs a day early to check out the water situation and see where we need to concern our efforts. If anyone would like to join me let me know and we will meet at Hog Creek Towing in Rye On the 15th. Everyone should plan on hiking up Y-Bar trail to meet at Bear Springs.

Again we will mostly be doing loping and tree removal as necessary so please bring the necessary personal protection equipment. Gloves and clothing you feel comfortable in. Also highly recommend sun glasses or safety glasses for your eyes.
If anyone needs any tools I/E pruners or loppers let me know so we can arrange for them. We will have several pocket chainsaws and I am planning on bringing 1 Pulaski and 1 McLeod. We will work out of Bear Springs and then hike out on the 20th via the Y-Bar Trail. We will have a BBQ at Hog Creek Towing on the afternoon/evening of the 20th so please let me know if you will be in attendance. If you have not received a Mazatzal Assault Force shirt also please let me know your shirt size and if they are available we will hand them out on the 20th. John Matteson will debrief us and collect up any tools on the 20th when we reach Hog Creek Towing in Rye Looks like it is going to be a great crew and I look forward to meeting and working with all of you.

Going be a great crew,
Carl Brown (Spiced Rum)
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go."
-- T.S. Eliot

no avatar
manymilesago
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: San Rafael

Re: Trail Maintenance 17-20 May.

Post by manymilesago » Mar 04 2017 1:26 pm

Like the trail name. Good luck with that trail work!

Christopher Rumm (manymilesago)

Return to “AZT Equestrian”