AZ Trail FR 4 Resupply Box Help (17-041)

Moderators: HAZ - Moderators, AZT - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
no avatar
Old_Pueblo
City, State: Tucson, AZ

AZ Trail FR 4 Resupply Box Help (17-041)

Post by Old_Pueblo » Nov 02 2017 4:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

A friend and I are backpacking the AZ Trail from Oracle to Florence starting this Monday (1/6). I was wondering if anyone will be around the FR 4 Resupply Box (17-041) before Wednesday (1/8) and would be willing to drop off 4 gallons of water for us?

I would be happy to PayPal water and gas money.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Anyone available?

Thanks!

sandyfortner
City, State: apache junction, AZ

Re: AZ Trail FR 4 Resupply Box Help (17-041)

Post by sandyfortner » Nov 02 2017 7:36 pm

@Old_Pueblo
So, are you actually going to Superior / Picket Post? That's the section where you will cross FR4. Not sure what's in that box - it's VERY difficult to access. We will be doing trail maintenance on the Alamo Canyon section next weekend - Veterans' weekend and will probably be adding water then, but I can't speak to what is there right now. If you are only doing Oracle to Florence, then you'll hit a resupply box at Freeman Rd, which generally is supplied.
:M2C: Goldilocks

no avatar
Old_Pueblo
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Re: AZ Trail FR 4 Resupply Box Help (17-041)

Post by Old_Pueblo » Nov 03 2017 7:20 am

@sandyfortner
Yes, we are going through to Superior/Picket Post (we are ending at Highway 60).

We did drop off some water at the Freeman Rd. resupply box already, but couldn't access the FR 4 resupply box because of road conditions. I was hoping someone might be headed that direction that could drop off some water so we don't have to carry several days of water from the Gila River.

According to the AZ Trail app there is 1.5 gallons left in the FR 4 resupply box, but that could be gone by the time we get there next Wednesday, and I can't afford to count on it being there.

Thanks!

Return to “AZT General”