Moderators: HAZ - Moderators, AZT - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
no avatar
regenerator
City, State: Wenham, MA

Resupply points

Post by regenerator » Dec 29 2017 5:24 am

Over first 150 miles NOBO, besides Patagonia what are other good resupply points

AndrewAZ
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Resupply points

Post by AndrewAZ » Dec 29 2017 8:12 pm

@regenerator
If you buy an AZTA membership, you should get access to the databook, which includes lots of good info on resupply.

The best resupply between Patagonia (mile ~50 if memory serves) and Oracle (mile ~200) is La Posta Quemada Ranch in Colossal Cave State Park. Check to see if they still accept packages. It's directly on the trail, which is hard to beat for resupply.

There is also Summerhaven, but it's only 15 miles from there to Oracle. There is Vail, but that's off-trail a ways.

no avatar
regenerator
City, State: Wenham, MA

Post by regenerator » Dec 30 2017 5:08 am

@AndrewAZ
Thanks

FireFly
City, State: England

Post by FireFly » Jan 08 2018 9:12 am

I did most of my resupply using food bought online and delivered to postoffices.

Within the first 150 miles I resupplied in Patagonia and Vail. As AndrewAZ already wrote earlier, Vail is not that convenient because it is not really close and rather difficult to hitch. I ended up hiking most of the way there and back (in total 12 miles or so) but you could be more lucky than me.

For me Summerhaven (mile 187) was great because you pass straight through and I had a package waiting there. So I could skip Oracle and stay on the trail.

Return to “AZT General”