Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Dschur
Fossil Kokopelli
City, State: Payson, AZ

AZT closure Kaibab Plateau

Post by Dschur » Aug 14 2018 10:43 am

Arizona Trail Closed on Kaibab Plateau Due to Cat Fire

On August 6 a lightning strike started a wildfire in the Saddle Mountain Wilderness within the Kaibab National Forest. The fire has grown to approximately 2,300 acres and firefighters have been assigned to contain and suppress this wildfire, which is located in the steep terrain of Wildcat Canyon near the Kaibab Plateau-South Passage (#40) of the Arizona National Scenic Trail.

All roads and trails within the area have been closed, which include Forest Roads 213 and 220 on the north, FR 610 on the east and south, and House Rock Valley Road 8910 on the east.

The following trails are also closed: Arizona Trail from FR610 to FR 213 (AZT mile 724.7 - 736.9), North Canyon Trail, South Canyon Trail and Point Imperial and Nankoweap Trails, which are both located on Kaibab National Forest and Grand Canyon National Park land. Patrols are currently placing closure signage and roving these areas to alert campers and hikers of this closure. The closure order will remain in place until lifted.

For updated fire information, visit Inciweb and search for "Cat Fire, Arizona" or stay in touch with the Kaibab National Forest on Facebook and Twitter @KaibabNF or call (928) 635-8311 for recorded fire information.
Last edited by Dschur on Aug 14 2018 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dawn
--On the loose to climb a mountain, on the loose where I am free. On the loose to live my life the way I think my life should be...For we only have a moment and a whole world yet to see...I'll be looking for tomorrow on the loose. ---unknown--

SuperstitionGuy
Retired Reminiscer
City, State: Apache Junction, Arizona

Re: AZ closure Kaibab Plateau

Post by SuperstitionGuy » Aug 14 2018 10:45 am

A man's body may grow old, but inside his spirit can still be as young and restless as ever.
- Garth McCann from the movie Second Hand Lions

Another victim of Pixel Trivia.

Current avatar courtesy of Snakemarks

Return to “AZT General”