Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
SuperstitionGuy
Retired Reminiscer
City, State: Apache Junction, Arizona

Volunteer Driver for Shuttle Service

Post by SuperstitionGuy » Oct 04 2012 4:37 pm

Occasionally there has been a request on HAZ for someone to assist in a car shuttle and or comments on HAZ about some one assisting with a car shuttle.

Having just returned to Arizona after being out of State and country for a number of years, being retired and somewhat limited due to a bad knee preventing me from participating on serious hiking and backpacking trips, I occasionaly would not mind assisting others in this way.

Perhaps others on this forum also would be willing to perform this volunteer service and maybe Joe B. can create a forum on HAZ to help faciliate such a volunteer service as well. Is there any interest, comments or sugggestions regarding this or am I :bdh: ?
A man's body may grow old, but inside his spirit can still be as young and restless as ever.
- Garth McCann from the movie Second Hand Lions

Another victim of Pixel Trivia.

Current avatar courtesy of Snakemarks

DBmooner
Dabbles in Adventure
City, State: chandler, Az

Re: Volunteer Driver for Shuttle Service

Post by DBmooner » Feb 10 2014 5:22 pm

I was wondering if there was a kind soul that is willing to get me and 2 other HAZers a ride to Rogers Trough trail head so we can hike section 19 of the Az trail. We would need a ride on Saturday Feb 15. The person who was going to give us a ride got called in to work so he is no longer able to shuttle us to the trail head so that is why I am doing this on such short notice. I am willing to pay for gas and bring you some adult beverages of your liking and if that isn't your cup of tea I am sure we can find some way to compensate you for your time. If you are able to give us a shuttle please pm me

Jim_H
Climate Windchime
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Jim_H » Apr 22 2014 7:26 am

Thought I would see if anyone might be interested in shuttling me from Mount Lemmon to Catalina SP on Thursday the 24th. It's a long shot, I know. Probably, I would arrive from the park on top around 4 PM, at the latest.

I may attempt to set this up again in the second half of May, if anyone is interested in either a shuttle, or hike.
I just feel better, when I eat a carbon based diet.

mrfurious
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Evergreen, CO

Post by mrfurious » Mar 03 2015 10:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I am flying in to Tucson from Denver March 16 at 4pm to start a thru hike of the AZ trail. I am hoping to find my way to the southern terminus of the AZ trail that day. I'm just putting myself out there to see if there are others who may be headed that way or if I could talk to someone about a ride or if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm happy to pay for gas, food or any other costs as well as compensating time. my email is acameron24@yahoo.com. I will be checking this site as well for any reply's

Thanks,
Alex

oldmanonthetrail
Junior Kokopelli
City, State: toronto

Post by oldmanonthetrail » Mar 12 2016 10:09 am

Hey I'm looking for a ride from Sierra Vista to Patagonia TH . on Sunday March 13th. I know it's short notice but if anyone can help out.I will happily pay costs etc. Please call or text me at 519 277 1216 Dave

DanielP
New Born Kokopelli

Volunteer Driver for Shuttle Service

Post by DanielP » Mar 31 2017 7:57 pm

I need a shuttle for 2 from Peralta trail head to Rogers Canyon trailhead. If you can help contact me thx.

dandy
Lil' Kokopelli

Post by dandy » Sep 11 2017 7:29 am

Seeking a ride for one from the Page airport to the State Line CG tomorrow evening (flight arrives around 6:30) or Wednesday morning. Will gladly provide gas money plus a little extra if it sweetens the deal :)

outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by outdoor_lover » Sep 11 2017 11:33 am

@dandy
I could help you out, but it would be late Wednesday Morning as I would be coming from Phoenix.... Message me if you're Interested in that....
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

Return to “Shuttle Request and Volunteers”