App support

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
WVMike
City, State: Tucson, AZ

RS - Reported track data differences

Post by WVMike » Nov 25 2017 3:41 pm

I have noticed the voice reported data when finishing a track is different than what is reported once it is uploaded to RE.
Today I recorded a track that was voice reported as 1002' of AEG at the end of the track.

When I uploaded it to RE it is showing 839' AEG.

The mileage is usually off as well but I cannot remember the specifics.

Comments?

WV-Mike

joebartels
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Reported track data differences

Post by joebartels » Nov 25 2017 3:51 pm

@WVMike
When you save or post from Route Scout to HAZ it auto syncs elevation to 1/3 arc National Elevation Data which is typically more accurate. Mileage shouldn't change much if any from RS to HAZ.
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

WVMike
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Re: Reported track data differences

Post by WVMike » Nov 25 2017 3:55 pm

joebartels wrote:When you save or post from Route Scout to HAZ it auto syncs elevation to 1/3 arc National Elevation Data which is typically more accurate. Mileage shouldn't change much if any from RS to HAZ.
Thanks Joe.
I am diggin' RS and RE!

rcorfman

Re: RS - Reported track data differences

Post by rcorfman » Nov 26 2017 1:15 pm

joebartels wrote:When you save or post from Route Scout to HAZ it auto syncs elevation to 1/3 arc National Elevation Data which is typically more accurate. Mileage shouldn't change much if any from RS to HAZ.
If I felt up to it, I would argue that that probably isn't the case as far as AEG goes. It will be more accurate for the current elevation since that is based off a mathematical model, but for calculating how much a person goes up and down, I have my doubts.
Go find a LonelyCache

joebartels

Re: RS - Reported track data differences

Post by joebartels » Dec 09 2018 11:09 pm

Elevation Sync from RS to HAZ is now off. Five or so years ago, elevation on smartphones was horrible. Now seems better than NED coordinate models, especially near cliffs and in canyons. Unlikely needed but you can still manually sync on HAZ if desired.

Note, AEG won't be an exact match. There will be a slight difference in AEG on RS vs HAZ. Either a floating point difference or coding variance limits.

Tested RS +Add Route & RS +Add Triplog
RS save to RC seemed fine in one test but I didn't dig into it
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

Return to “HAZ Apps”