App support

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
SAMBA
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Republic Wireless Moto X HAZ Tracks

Post by SAMBA » May 29 2015 11:35 am

Do any of my HAZ peeps use Republic Wireless as your phone service provider? If so, can you create HAZ Tracks tracks in any Location Mode other than "Device only"? The HAZ Tracks "how to" instructions say to set the phone's Location mode to "High accuracy", but when I do that I get an infinite "Determining accuracy" dialog box. "Device only" seems to be the only setting that seems to work on my 1st generation Motorola Moto X. I'd be very interested in hearing about your Republic Wireless experiences be they HAZ Tracks experiences or otherwise.

chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Re: Republic Wireless Moto X HAZ Tracks

Post by chumley » May 29 2015 1:25 pm

I would be curious if other users have the same combination of device and provider who can confirm or deny your query, but from reading the HAZ Tracks thread, it appears that Joe is aware of an issue with the Moto X and the high accuracy setting. (Though this is possibly due only to your own previous comments and not those of other people -- so other reports would probably be helpful)
Quirks ( not a HAZ Tracks issue )
- Nexus w/Jellybean off line maps do not work, consider upgrading to 4.4 or higher
- Moto X not working? try "Device only" rather than "High accuracy"
- Android 4.1.1 map freezes, upgrade your device to 4.1.2 or higher
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=8120&p=97803#p97803
Highway to hell

SAMBA
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Re: Republic Wireless Moto X HAZ Tracks

Post by SAMBA » May 29 2015 2:22 pm

Yo Chumley,

I expect I'm the guy who was responsible for reporting issues with the Moto X. My phone, and I believe all Republic Wireless phones, use a modified version of Android. I'm using the latest version of Android that has been certified for RW phones, but the version is only Android 4.4.4. One document I read said "It'll probably be a while" before RW will be updating to Android Lollipop. The customized code on my phone could be the source of my problems, but it would still be nice to hear from some other RW users.

Return to “HAZ Apps”