Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
findbosco
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Kodiak, Alaska

Accessing Northern Terminus early September

Post by findbosco » Jun 16 2016 12:40 pm

Hi all,

Planning a thru-hike beginning ~September 1. Trying to determine cheapest way to access the northern trailhead. Haven't bought my ticket to fly into Arizona yet - hoping to determine which city to fly into first (including possibly St. George, Utah - waiting to hear back from Suva Shuttle on a price for shuttle out of there).

So, (1) anyone else trying to hit the northern terminus at the same time and want to carpool?, (2) any tips/advice on the topic?

FWIW, my overall plan is to have mailed my bike to Southern Utah (probably St. George), to retrieve after thru-hiking (which will involve a hitch from Southern Arizona back to Southern Utah), and a subsequent cycle to Salt Lake.

Thank you for any advice and suggestions you all might have!

lili
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Alaska

Re: Accessing Northern Terminus early September

Post by lili » Jun 16 2016 2:32 pm

Hi. When I started I flew from ANC to Page (via Phoenix) and then got a ride from Yermo 435 689-2182. He did a great job, quizzed me about my gear and plans. He also stopped for my last-minute shopping (stove fuel and water). I can only recommend him. Everything went very smoothly and reasonable in cost.

findbosco
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Kodiak, Alaska

Post by findbosco » Jun 16 2016 2:58 pm

@lili Thank you for the swift response and details!

Spiced Rum
Calipelli
City, State: California

Post by Spiced Rum » Jun 17 2016 10:28 am

CONTACT BETTY PRICE for a ride. PO box 6135, Marble Canyon, AZ 86036 928-355-2252. I used her for the AZT and just recently to the Rainbow Bridge trailhead and she is very reliable.
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go."
-- T.S. Eliot

Return to “AZT Carpooling, Shuttles & Rides”