AZT Carpooling, Shuttles & Rides

A continuous, 800+ mile diverse and scenic trail across Arizona from Mexico to Utah.

Moderators: HAZ - Moderators, AZT - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
joebartels
teva joe
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

AZT Carpooling, Shuttles & Rides

Post by joebartels » Nov 10 2014 6:20 pm

Shuttle information https://aztrail.org/explore/shuttles/

[ space reserved for helpful information ]
Last edited by joebartels on Feb 25 2018 5:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

no avatar
lorna
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Spokane

Re: The best way to get to the north terminus (State Line CG)

Post by lorna » Sep 20 2016 4:36 pm

I did, thanks, but it's pretty expensive for one person, at least from St. George.

no avatar
lili
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Alaska

Post by lili » Sep 20 2016 9:24 pm

Got a Shuttle out of Page to the trailhead. Was $100 I think. Great service. Pickup at airport with stops for shopping.

no avatar
lorna
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Spokane

Post by lorna » Sep 24 2016 12:07 pm

Thank you, everyone, for your responses! I am getting a ride with National Park Tourz.

Hiker_Wannabe
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: phoenix, az

Looking for a ride?

Post by Hiker_Wannabe » Oct 31 2016 8:40 pm

AZT Hikers,
I am wanting to pay it forward by offering shuttle rides to AZT trailheads. I am from the Phoenix area, but depending on the timing, I am willing to discuss shuttling hikers wherever you may need to go (with the exception of 4x4 roads).

Personally, my husband and I have been section hiking the AZT since last year and we are currently at mile 236, or so. We are enjoying the trail and recognize the difficulty of getting to the trail.

Just want to meet other hikers and help where I can.

Kandis
kandis.rausch@gmail.com

FireFly
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: England

Sharing shuttle to southern trailhead

Post by FireFly » Jan 20 2017 3:57 am

I thought it would be handy to have an easy to find separate topic for people who are trying to find others to share the (expensive) shuttle to the southern trailhead. Hence this topic!

Myself, I'm planning to leave Tucson in the early morning of 19 March. If anybody happens to have the same plan, perhaps we can share the ride.

no avatar
LuckyMan
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Re: Sharing shuttle to southern trailhead

Post by LuckyMan » Jan 20 2017 9:20 am

I am also looking to share the expense of a ride from Tucson to the southern trailhead. I was hoping to start in early March but might be interested in the 19th if I can't find anything earlier.

no avatar
LuckyMan
Exploring Kokopelli

Seeking ride from Tucson to southern terminus

Post by LuckyMan » Jan 20 2017 9:44 am

I plan to start hiking the AZT northbound starting in early or mid-March 2017 and need a ride from Tucson to the southern terminus at Coronado National Memorial. Are there any trail angels offering rides or any other hikers starting then who are looking to share the expense? My schedule is flexible.

no avatar
mikebenton
Exploring Kokopelli

Post by mikebenton » Jan 20 2017 12:17 pm

Are you both thru hiking? My friends and I are doing 20-30 miles lengths every other weekend. We've done #1 already. #2 and 3 are next weekend (27,28,29 Jan). That's probably way off your schedule but we would be close enough to drop you off. We're coming from Phoenix so passing through Tucson isn't a problem.

FireFly
Exploring Kokopelli

Post by FireFly » Jan 20 2017 12:49 pm

mikebenton wrote:Are you both thru hiking? My friends and I are doing 20-30 miles lengths every other weekend. We've done #1 already. #2 and 3 are next weekend (27,28,29 Jan). That's probably way off your schedule but we would be close enough to drop you off. We're coming from Phoenix so passing through Tucson isn't a problem.
Thanks for offering! Yes I'm thru-hiking. However, I have no flexibility in when I start. I'm arriving by air plane from Europe (already booked) and arrive in Tucson on the evening of March 18th. My intention is to arrange a shuttle for the next morning at 6:00am so that I can start hiking around 8:00am. I hope that somebody else has the same idea.

no avatar
mikebenton
Exploring Kokopelli

Post by mikebenton » Jan 20 2017 1:00 pm

@FireFly I wish you the best. Please continue to check in during your hike as we'll likely cross paths somewhere. Perhaps a resupply can be arranged at that time.

FireFly
Exploring Kokopelli

Re: Seeking ride from Tucson to southern terminus

Post by FireFly » Jan 20 2017 1:02 pm

Just found this topic after opening my own topic in the Hiking section. I see now that I should have posted it here :D

Anyway, I'm leaving from Tucson to the Southern Terminus in the early morning (~6:00am) on March 19th so that I can start hiking at ~8:00am. My schedule is not flexible. I intend to arrange a shuttle and hope hat somebody else has the same schedule and is willing to share the cost.

mando
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: candler, NC

Post by mando » Jan 21 2017 5:20 pm

I hope it's ok to piggyback on this thread. I have two hikers willing to share a shuttle from Tucson to Sierra Vista, or Coronado. On or about 5 March. Thanks!

no avatar
LuckyMan
Exploring Kokopelli

Post by LuckyMan » Jan 22 2017 7:42 pm

Mando: I'm definitely interested in sharing a shuttle from Tucson to Coronado in early March. Please let me know details when you have them on date, times, cost etc.

mando
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: candler, NC

Post by mando » Jan 24 2017 6:51 am

@LuckyMan
Will do. We are watching the weather, etc for a good start date, so 5 Mar is our tentative. Thanks!

WanderingWildcat
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Tucson

Post by WanderingWildcat » Jan 24 2017 5:03 pm

@FireFly
I live in Tucson and would be available on March 19 if you still need a ride to Coronado. When you get to section #9 (Saguaro National Park area), I'm nearby if you need a ride to resupply in town.

no avatar
switchback
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Portland, OR

Post by switchback » Jan 27 2017 12:35 pm

mando:
I'm also planning a nobo thru-hike starting early March, and would love to share a shuttle from Tucson to Coronado if possible. Looking to buy plane tickets soon, so keep me posted with your plans!

no avatar
steveandjen
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Cardington, Ohio

Post by steveandjen » Feb 02 2017 7:04 pm

My wife and I are driving in from Ohio to thru-hike NOBO and are looking for a place to stash our car for the duration of our hike (up to 2 months) and, ideally, a shuttle from the car storage site to the southern terminous TH. Anyone have a place to park our Prius and give us shuttle south?

ultranomad
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: Boulder, CO

Post by ultranomad » Feb 04 2017 10:24 am

Hey everyone,

I am planning to take a shuttle from Tucson (airport hotel) to the Montezuma Pass TH the morning of Wednesday 3/29/17. Please let me know if anyone is interested in sharing a ride.

no avatar
robint
Exploring Kokopelli
City, State: UK

Post by robint » Feb 05 2017 6:58 am

@mando
I too would love to share a shuttle from Tucson to southerm TH on March 5.

no avatar
LuckyMan
Exploring Kokopelli

Post by LuckyMan » Feb 06 2017 9:48 am

Another hiker has offered me a ride from Tucson to the southern terminus of the AZT and has room for another hiker, so contact me if you are interested. We are planning on March 8, likely in the morning.

Return to “Arizona National Scenic Trail”