Moderators: HAZ - Moderators, AZT - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
FireFly
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: England

Sharing shuttle to southern trailhead

Post by FireFly » Jan 20 2017 3:57 am

I thought it would be handy to have an easy to find separate topic for people who are trying to find others to share the (expensive) shuttle to the southern trailhead. Hence this topic!

Myself, I'm planning to leave Tucson in the early morning of 19 March. If anybody happens to have the same plan, perhaps we can share the ride.

LuckyMan
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Re: Sharing shuttle to southern trailhead

Post by LuckyMan » Jan 20 2017 9:20 am

I am also looking to share the expense of a ride from Tucson to the southern trailhead. I was hoping to start in early March but might be interested in the 19th if I can't find anything earlier.

mikebenton
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by mikebenton » Jan 20 2017 12:17 pm

Are you both thru hiking? My friends and I are doing 20-30 miles lengths every other weekend. We've done #1 already. #2 and 3 are next weekend (27,28,29 Jan). That's probably way off your schedule but we would be close enough to drop you off. We're coming from Phoenix so passing through Tucson isn't a problem.

FireFly
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: England

Post by FireFly » Jan 20 2017 12:49 pm

mikebenton wrote:Are you both thru hiking? My friends and I are doing 20-30 miles lengths every other weekend. We've done #1 already. #2 and 3 are next weekend (27,28,29 Jan). That's probably way off your schedule but we would be close enough to drop you off. We're coming from Phoenix so passing through Tucson isn't a problem.
Thanks for offering! Yes I'm thru-hiking. However, I have no flexibility in when I start. I'm arriving by air plane from Europe (already booked) and arrive in Tucson on the evening of March 18th. My intention is to arrange a shuttle for the next morning at 6:00am so that I can start hiking around 8:00am. I hope that somebody else has the same idea.

mikebenton
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by mikebenton » Jan 20 2017 1:00 pm

@FireFly I wish you the best. Please continue to check in during your hike as we'll likely cross paths somewhere. Perhaps a resupply can be arranged at that time.

mando
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: candler, NC

Post by mando » Jan 21 2017 5:20 pm

I hope it's ok to piggyback on this thread. I have two hikers willing to share a shuttle from Tucson to Sierra Vista, or Coronado. On or about 5 March. Thanks!

LuckyMan
Lil' Kokopelli

Post by LuckyMan » Jan 22 2017 7:42 pm

Mando: I'm definitely interested in sharing a shuttle from Tucson to Coronado in early March. Please let me know details when you have them on date, times, cost etc.

mando
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: candler, NC

Post by mando » Jan 24 2017 6:51 am

@LuckyMan
Will do. We are watching the weather, etc for a good start date, so 5 Mar is our tentative. Thanks!

WanderingWildcat
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Tucson

Post by WanderingWildcat » Jan 24 2017 5:03 pm

@FireFly
I live in Tucson and would be available on March 19 if you still need a ride to Coronado. When you get to section #9 (Saguaro National Park area), I'm nearby if you need a ride to resupply in town.

switchback
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Portland, OR

Post by switchback » Jan 27 2017 12:35 pm

mando:
I'm also planning a nobo thru-hike starting early March, and would love to share a shuttle from Tucson to Coronado if possible. Looking to buy plane tickets soon, so keep me posted with your plans!

steveandjen
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Cardington, Ohio

Post by steveandjen » Feb 02 2017 7:04 pm

My wife and I are driving in from Ohio to thru-hike NOBO and are looking for a place to stash our car for the duration of our hike (up to 2 months) and, ideally, a shuttle from the car storage site to the southern terminous TH. Anyone have a place to park our Prius and give us shuttle south?

ultranomad
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Boulder, CO

Post by ultranomad » Feb 04 2017 10:24 am

Hey everyone,

I am planning to take a shuttle from Tucson (airport hotel) to the Montezuma Pass TH the morning of Wednesday 3/29/17. Please let me know if anyone is interested in sharing a ride.

robint
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: UK

Post by robint » Feb 05 2017 6:58 am

@mando
I too would love to share a shuttle from Tucson to southerm TH on March 5.

LuckyMan
Lil' Kokopelli

Post by LuckyMan » Feb 06 2017 9:48 am

Another hiker has offered me a ride from Tucson to the southern terminus of the AZT and has room for another hiker, so contact me if you are interested. We are planning on March 8, likely in the morning.

themadscribe
New Born Kokopelli
City, State: San Diego, CA

Post by themadscribe » Feb 10 2017 7:46 pm

I'm also looking to share a shuttle on 2/20 from Tucson. I know this is obviously last minute, but I figured it couldn't hurt to throw it out here just in case.

Edit: Looks like I should have waited before booking my transportation to Tucson. I don't arrive until Monday morning 2/20.
Last edited by themadscribe on Feb 12 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ksmiles
Lil' Kokopelli

Post by Ksmiles » Feb 12 2017 12:27 pm

themadscribe wrote:I'm also looking to share a shuttle 2/19 or 2/20 from Tucson. I know this is obviously last minute, but I figured it couldn't hurt to throw it out here just in case.
Oops! I got the dates wrong. I am looking to share a shuttle from Tucson to the Souther Terminus around March 19-22.
Last edited by Ksmiles on Feb 12 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BearLee
New Born Kokopelli

offering ride to AZT southern term. 2/19

Post by BearLee » Feb 12 2017 4:14 pm

Greetings! I am a PCT class of 2015 thruhiker that lives in Tucson. I am giving a ride to a fellow PCTer that is now thruhiking the AZT starting February 19, 2017. I am giving this hiker a ride to the southern terminus on the 19Feb. I have space for 3 more hikers if anyone needs a ride.

WanderingWildcat
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Tucson

Post by WanderingWildcat » Feb 13 2017 3:23 pm

@Ksmiles
I live in Tucson and am giving another hiker a shuttle ride to the Coronado Visitor's Center early in the morning on March 19th. I have room to transport another hiker if that date works for you. Just send me a PM and we'll discuss details.

HappyHour
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: CO

Post by HappyHour » Feb 14 2017 2:14 pm

@Ksmiles
I am arriving in Tucson from Denver at 10:40AM Mar 21, would be glad to share a ride to the southern terminus. I will want to make a quick stop to pick up some stove alcohol.
Cheers, Happy Hour

Ksmiles
Lil' Kokopelli

Post by Ksmiles » Feb 14 2017 2:39 pm

@WanderingWildcat
Thank you so much! Once I get my plane ticket I will let you know :)

Return to “AZT Carpooling, Shuttles & Rides”