|Title: Surviving Grand Canyon: It's All About Water|
|Author: Gary Barnes||Year: 2019|
|Publisher: Independently published|
|Part 1 of 5 in the series based on
"A Walk in the Deep Big Empty: The Science for Surviving Grand Canyon."
Survival topics discussed all revolve around the importance of Water:
4) Voluntary Dehydration
5) Water Discipline and Water Rationing
6) Should you Drink Urine?
7) Getting Water-and-Salt Calibrated
8) What the Desert 'Experts' recommend
9) Water Quality and Sources at Grand Canyon
10) Breccia pipes and Radioactivity
11) To Drink or Not
12) Canyon geology and finding water
13) Seeps, Puddles, and Potholes
14) How to treat water to make it safe
15) Flash floods
16) Trapped in a Waterfall
17) Water Management and Planning your Hike.
Successful and tragic "thirsty hiker" scenarios are analyzed for what went right and what went wrong.