Historic late 1800's stone cabin located in a scenic protected basin bordering the eastern Superstition Wilderness. Nearby you'll find additional building remnants, a pipe corral, a well, an open horizontal mine shaft, mine tailings, and cottonwood trees.
Details are vague and limited, although it appears that this site may have historical ties to the famous town of Silver King and the highly profitable Silver King Mine. The Silver King post office was established December 21, 1877 and was discontinued May 5, 1912. In 1888 the price of silver dropped and so did the town of Silver King. Silver King is located about 3.5 miles southeast of Wood Camp Cabin and about 2.5 miles northeast of current Superior which was founded in 1902. As the story goes, it took thousands of cords of wood to fuel the steam engines necessary to run the mine and mills. It cost $8-18 per cord of wood at that time and it took a cord to roast each ton of ore. Demand for timber was high and it all came from nearby mountain ranges. Wood cutters lived in the area and freighted in large quantities of timber from various locations throughout the Superstition Mountains.
Check out the Triplogs.
This hike is listed as One-Way.
When hiking several trails on a single "hike", log it with a generic name that describes the hike. Then link the trails traveled, check out the example.