|Guide||0 Triplogs||0 Topics|
Just to round out a fun day of hiking, we decided to check out The Cabins in the Valley of Fire. According to the sign..."These three cabins were built by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) soon after the Valley of Fire became a state park in 1935. They are constructed of native stone and were used for many years to shelter campers and travelers visiting the park. The cabins are now being preserved as a reminder of the work accomplished by the CCC throughout Nevada under the able direction of Col. Thomas W. Miller, Nevada's first State Park Commission Chairman."
The cabins are roughly 10 by 10 feet square, each with a small fireplace.
Of particular interest is the rock art easily seen behind the cabins. Unfortunately, some more modern rock art has been added. Note that this site was pointed out on one of the brochures offered by the park.