The High Spur campsite is located northeast of the Hans Flat Ranger station in the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. Situated at the end of a spur road off of an infrequently traveled dirt road, it affords complete solitude. Views to the immediate east are of Millard Canyon and, in the far distance, is the Islands in the Sky District of Canyonlands National Park. North of the campsite are some interesting geological features. High Spur is a desirable campsite for folks wanting to hike into Horseshoe Canyon from the east.
* Up to 3 vehicles and 9 people are allowed to camp at High Spur.
* Motorcycles and trailers are considered vehicles.
* Advance reservations are highly recommended.
* Dogs are not permitted.
* A high-clearance, 4x4 vehicle is required for one steep, rocky section of the spur road.
* There are no amenities at the site. No water, no toilets, no picnic tables, no nothing.
* Campers must provide their own toilet system.
* Fires are not allowed, but a propane fire ring is permitted.
Check out the Triplog.