|Guide||0 Triplogs||0 Topics|
Located in the Orange Cliffs District of Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, Sunset Pass campsite is one of the numerous sites administered by the Hans Flat Ranger Station (the same station that manages the Maze District of Canyonlands National Park). This campsite is off the (lightly) beaten path between Hite and the Maze formations and, therefore, offers complete solitude. The only reason people might be driving past the campsite is if they're driving along either the North or South Hatch Canyon roads going to (or coming from) the crossing of the Dirty Devil River. The views aren't vast, but there is plenty of room to spread out if there is more than one vehicle in your party and there's a good bit of shade.
* Sunset Pass can accommodate up to 3 vehicles and 9 people.
* Motorcycles and trailers are considered a vehicle.
* Dogs are not allowed.
* Advance reservations are highly recommended.
* This is a primitive campsite with no amenities. No picnic tables, no grills, no toilets, no water.
* Campers must provide their own portable toilet system.
* Fires are not permitted, but you may use a propane fire ring. Please check with the latest fire restrictions just in case.