|Guide||0 Triplogs||0 Topics|
Located in the Maze District of Canyonlands National Park, Standing Rock campsite is one of the numerous sites administered by the Hans Flat Ranger Station. This campsite offers great views into the canyons of the Maze, the Chocolate Drops, Elaterite Butte, the La Sals, the Six Shooters, Lavender Butte, and over towards the Needles. It's a great place to piece together in your mind the various peaks, formations, and drainages that make up the greater Canyonlands area.
Note: Getting around Teapot canyon absolutely requires a high-clearance, low-gear, 4WD vehicle. Having a spotter is extremely helpful for tire placement. Road building could be necessary. Recovery gear should be on board.
* Standing Rock can accommodate up to 3 vehicles and 9 people.
* Motorcycles and trailers are considered a vehicle.
* Dogs are not allowed.
* Advance reservations are highly recommended.
* This is a primitive campsite with no amenities. No picnic tables, no grills, no toilets, no water.
* Campers must provide their own portable toilet system.
* Fires are not permitted, but you may use a propane fire ring. Please check with the latest fire restrictions just in case.