Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
t_d_singletree
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Brooklyn Fire - Tonto NF - Agua Fria NM

Post by t_d_singletree » Jul 08 2017 8:46 pm

Last update reports 22,000 acres burned. Unknown origin but presumed to be lightning-caused. No closures or evacuations as of yet.

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5336/
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." -- Albert Camus

HAZDevTeam
Lil' Kokopelli

Re: Brooklyn Fire - Tonto NF - Agua Fria NM

Post by HAZDevTeam » Jul 08 2017 8:58 pm

joebartels writes...
Specific Fire topics like this one should be limited to general information, observations, road/area closings/re-openings and the like.

If you wish to discuss the fundamentals of forest fire management, fire control pros/cons or such in general, then please start a topic in the Political forum.

Remember
- HAZ is a family friendly site, steering a specific thread like this off course is not welcome
- Political discussions are only welcome in the political forum

t_d_singletree
Lil' Kokopelli

Re: Brooklyn Fire - Tonto NF - Agua Fria NM

Post by t_d_singletree » Jul 09 2017 12:14 pm

8:30 am inciweb update summary: containment is now being managed as a complex to include the lightning-caused Bull and Cedar Fires. Burned area now at 36,000 acres with 5% containment. Fire is threatening structures in Black Canyon City but no evacuations ordered as of yet. Bloody Basin Road and Badger Springs Road are both closed at I-17.
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." -- Albert Camus

Return to “Fire & Area Closures”