- Created and maintained by hikers since 1996
- Find, map & post experiences from Arizona to the southwest and beyond
- Outdoor activities such as canyoneering, climbing, biking and etc are welcome too
- HAZ is defined as short for HikeArizona.COM
- Information found on HikeArizona.COM may be used for personal use only.
- Copying or printing in small quanties is permitted for personal use only.
- 12 copies or prints of any combination of individual descriptions, gps routes, photos or triplogs is the maximum permitted quantity per calendar month.
- Redistribution is not allowed in any form without prior consent
- Hike / Climb / Recreate at your own risk
- While every effort is made to stay true, information found on this site it is not guaranteed to be correct or proper
- HikeArizona.COM, it's members and associates assume no responsibility including but not limited to injury or loss of life due to the use of information found on this site
To make this site work properly, we place small data files called cookies on your device. Nearly every website on planet earth does this too. We just want to make sure you are aware of it. A cookie is a small text file that we save on your computer or mobile device when you visit our site. It enables us to remember things such as your state preference, username, and other preferences. This keeps you from needing to re-enter preferences each time you come back or browse from one page to another. You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org
, however websites like HAZ will not work very well.
- Our servers may store the following information to assist in marketing our enterprise appropriately
- Internet domain ("asu.edu" for example if you connect from a university's domain)
- IP address (an IP address is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web)
- Browser type and operating system used to access our site
- Date and time you access our site
- Previous website, if you entered HikeArizona.COM from another website
- Information entered on forms submitted to HikeArizona.COM or e-mails sent to HikeArizona.COM
- Uploaded images are monitored
- We do not sell, provide or give personal member information to any private organizations
- Google's use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Users may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting the ads preference manager.
- Google Analytics Opt-out
Route Scout - GPS Topo Mapper Known as RS.
- Login, imported and activity you record on RS is stored on your device with RS.
- Files ( gps routes ) you specifically "save to Route Cloud" persist on the cloud until you delete
- Files saved to Route Cloud are set private by default
- Files ( gps routes ) imported or recorded may be deleted by you
- You may delete files individually
- You may delete RS from your device
- Files ( gps routes ) you specifically "+Add Route on HAZ" are a contribution to the HAZ
- These files are public
- These files are subject to community guidelines may be deleted without notice
By accessing Hike Arizona, you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. Hike Arizona may change these terms at any time without notice.
- False information, abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws is unacceptable to add
- Information entered will be stored in a database
- Hike Arizona shall not be held responsible for data compromised via hacking
- All content such as text and images posted on or to hikearizona.com is a contribution to the community
- Any single person that registers multiple usernames or aliases may be deleted without notice
- Multiple individuals accessing a single account may be deleted without notice
- Accounts are singular to the member that registered. Multiple users accessing an account is strictly prohibited. All parties may be deleted without notice
- Spamming other HAZ Members via PMs, e-mail, the Forum, Triplogs or anywhere else on HAZ is strictly prohibited
- Linking offsite is considered spam if you are not a consistent contributing member or if it sends participation away
- This is a family site, a majority of your content, comments, captions and such must be PG-13
- Your account and content can be deleted at any time without any reason, explanation, or warning
Hiking and outdoor related sports can be dangerous. Be responsible and prepare for the trip. Study the area you are entering and plan accordingly. Dress for the current and unexpected weather changes. Take plenty of water. Never go alone. Make an itinerary with your plan(s), route(s), destination(s) and expected return time. Give your itinerary to trusted family and/or friends.