The site preserves the second of three forts constructed on the site beginning in 1851, as well as the ruins of the third. Also visible is a network of ruts from the Mountain and Cimarron Branches of the old Santa Fe Trail.
There is a visitor center with exhibits about the fort and a film about the Santa Fe Trail.
The monument grounds and Visitor Center are open: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Labor Day - Memorial Day 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Memorial Day - Labor Day CLOSED - Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day
Check out the Triplogs.