Type Standard Hike, Climb, etc

Start Dateorganizer has not set a date

# of days 1

Trishness
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

Looking for a hiking partner/small group

Post by Trishness » May 28 2003 10:07 pm

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this website/forum and I'm sure glad I found it! I love to hike but haven't been hiking in AZ since early this year...did a few trails in Sedona last summer (Soldiers Pass/Brins mesa and Casner Canyon) I am looking for people who might want to do some easy-moderate trails in the Superstitions or Usery Mtns and will be patient with someone who is a little out of shape, needs to acclimate and build back up. This is a wonderful website :) I've checked out a lot of the hikes you have all been on and I'm not sure what level I am on. Did Squaw Peak & Camelback early this year too but haven't been on the trails since. I hate to hike alone and am not comfortable doing hikes alone in the Supes just for the safety factor. I live in AJ so the Mtns are at my feet! :wink:

So, if any of you want to go on an easier trail than let me know. We all have to start somewhere or start FROM somewhere.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from some of you

Trish

sherileeaz

Suggestions...

Post by sherileeaz » May 29 2003 12:10 am

I'm planning to attend this hiking club meeting, Arizona Outdoor Travel Club AOTC, maybe you would like to attend too. Here's the info:

The club has a monthly general membership meeting on the first Tuesday of each month. Because our normal meeting location is undergoing renovation, the next meeting will be at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, June 3rd at the Summerfield Suite by Wyndham, 4245 N. Drinkwater Blvd., Scottsdale. Most general meetings include a program such as a speaker on a outdoor, related subject. The speaker for the June meeting will tentatively be a physician who will talk about summer heat and necessary precautions when hiking or biking. I hope you will be able to attend.
If you have any other questions, please email at marvinr567@earthlink.net or call me at (480) 759-9797. I hope to see you at an activity or at the general meeting.

:idea: Also there are several women here that I have been corresponding with via this forum or email, one lives near you, the other is out by me in Avondale. Maybe we could get together and form our own hiking group and hike together.

I'll send both a private message to post here if they are interested too.

I'm very new to Arizona, have only done one hike so far, Waterfall Trail in White Tank MTS. But am eager to get busy hiking and exploring.

Keep in touch,

Sherileeaz 8)
The value of life lies not in the length of days, but in the use we make of them.

Newbie hiker
City, State: Avondale, AZ

Sunday, 6/1 day hike

Post by Newbie hiker » May 29 2003 9:10 am

My hiking plans for this weekend seem to have fallen through. Anyone interested in doing a day hike on Sunday? (I'm not available on Saturday.) I'm thinking around 6 miles, moderate difficulty, somewhere COOL.

Holly

hikngrl
City, State: Peoria, AZ

Post by hikngrl » Jun 04 2003 8:34 pm

oooh, oooh, oooh! Pick me! :o Do any of you hike during the week?

hikeaz
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by hikeaz » Jun 05 2003 2:32 pm

You may also peruse the available hikes of Friend's Hiking Club @ http://www.friendshiking.com
kurt

Return to “Hiking Events”