Highway 89A

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Al_HikesAZ
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Highway 89A

Post by Al_HikesAZ » Aug 09 2015 8:15 pm

Highway 89 - Bitter Springs to Lee's Ferry & Cliff Dwellers lodge to Jacob Lake. - Flooding has closed the road. They should be able to clean up the mud in a few days but then they will have to assess road conditions.
( dead link removed )
https://www.facebook.c...
This is hwy 89 A about 7 miles to the west of Cliff Dwellers Lodge & Restaurant. The entire section road is closed until they can clear these boulders off the highway. When we were driving I had to pull off the road because there was zero visibility and 70 mile an hour winds. This happened shortly after we passed through.
Anybody can make a hike harder. The real skill comes in making the hike easier.
Not if we can help it UNCLE JACK. http://www.sleepingdogtv.com/reel/Uncle-Jack.aspx Not if we can help it.

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Re: Highway 89

Post by azbackpackr » Aug 09 2015 8:30 pm

Cool!
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

rcorfman
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by rcorfman » Aug 10 2015 10:09 am

Any info on how the Horse Rock road faired? I'm thinking about access to the northern terminus of the Arizona Trail.
Go find a LonelyCache

hikeaz
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by hikeaz » Aug 11 2015 5:27 am

rcorfman wrote:Any info on how the Horse Rock road faired? I'm thinking about access to the northern terminus of the Arizona Trail.
The Paria flashed big on Saturday, so if accessing the T/H from the north on House Rock Valley Road ( aka Wire Pass Road), the Buckskin crossing is the crux, and routinely washes out- likely much less chance of encountering a washout coming up from the south.
Call Steve or Susan at (928) 691-1047 - they are out there every day - they'll know.
kurt

JasonCleghorn
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Highway 89A

Post by JasonCleghorn » Aug 12 2015 9:43 am

( outdated FLASH link removed )

If you're as big of a 'need to know dork' as I am, you can find an interactive flow calculator above...
Follow me on Instagram: hikingjason
"It's not the mountains that we conquer, but ourselves"
"HAZ is not a meet-up group. Unless you're in the IN group, then its a meet-up group"

hikeaz
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Re: Highway 89A

Post by hikeaz » Sep 04 2018 4:09 pm

Restrictions are in place on State Route 89A between Cottonwood and Sedona this fall (2018) while a pavement-repair project is underway.
Crews will have lane closures in place in both directions Mondays through Fridays from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. Work is scheduled to begin Tuesday, Sept. 4, and continue through November.
kurt

Return to “Road Conditions”