Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Tortoise_Hiker
City, State: Mesa, AZ

2019 Hazolutions

Post by Tortoise_Hiker » Dec 30 2018 12:46 pm

Hello Hazers!
Another year coming to and end. I would love to read how all you fellow hazers feel about your 2018 and what Hazolutions you have for 2019. I was blessed with another grandchild. Maverick. It might be a few years before I'm trusted to get him out on trail :o . I finished the hikes in the Boots and Burgers book which was fun. It took me up to Northern Arizona for a couple fun trips. I still need to work on the 60 hikes book. I got to do another Yosemite trip with John and Kelly which was fun as well. Lots of fun little hikes with the grandkids and a few with my son. He seems to have his hands full this year :D . My normal hikes have gotten a lot shorter and not enough hikes with other Hazers. The ones we did get in were a hoot none the less. Next year I would like to stay healthy and for all of you to do the same!! Maybe get a ride to a few trailheads to finish the 60 hikes book :) . No real mileage or aeg goals. Hopefully get to hike with hazers a little more often. Shout out to all those that help with the AZT. Great job! I Hope all you Hazers had a great year and have an even better 2019! Happy New Year and please practice safety first! Remember like HAZ :yr:
Last edited by Tortoise_Hiker on Dec 30 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tortoise Hiking. Stop and smell the Petrichor.

LosDosSloFolks
City, State: Cave Creek, Arizona

Re: 2019 Hazolutions

Post by LosDosSloFolks » May 01 2019 12:49 pm

I joined HAZ only 3 months ago so I wasn't even a member when this thread started but as a frequent visitor to the site I did have some Hazolutions...
One: Get off the sofa and start hiking again.....check
Two: Join HAZ.....check
Three: Meet Rowdy.....check (he's a good boy) as a bonus, I got to meet Me (aka Larry)
Four: Complete all the trails in Spur Cross and CCRA and Black Mountain....check
Five: Complete all the trails between New River Mesa and the TNF Seven Springs Area...a work in progress. Good success so far but Trail 247 kicked my butt!
Six: Do all of the above with someone I care about....check
End goal is to revisit Cheyava Falls in the GC (a trek I did in my 20's). This probably isn't gonna happen since I have progressive Pulmonary Disease. I think I could handle the AEG with some more training but the lack of O's associated with the elevation at the rims will most likely be my Waterloo. I'm going to keep at it though because "when you reach for the stars you may not quite get one, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either." Worst case scenario is I get to show my wife at least part of the beautiful North Kaibab Trail! Thanks to all for the interesting trip logs as it really helps with my motivation to prove the doctors wrong and keep moving.... "ALS IK KAN". :D
Last edited by LosDosSloFolks on May 01 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In beauty happily I walk, With beauty before me I walk, With beauty behind me I walk, With beauty all around me I walk"
Navajo Nightway Chant

RowdyandMe
City, State: Deer Valley, AZ

Post by RowdyandMe » May 01 2019 4:53 pm

@chumley
Just depends on what the fool believes.
Last edited by RowdyandMe on May 01 2019 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rowdy and Widowmaker

Alston_Neal
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Alston_Neal » May 02 2019 10:28 am

@LosDosSloFolks
Congrats on your bucket list and I'm happy you found this place, it is full of good people. Even though I was born here and was lucky to have a dad that was into hunting, fishing and camping I have learned more about Arizona in the last few years than I ever thought possible. Thank you HAZ and bless you one and all, even tiny Chumley.
In Japan they say only old people and crazy people hike mountains...........yep

Our humble abode..
http://www.oldterritorialshop.com

LosDosSloFolks
City, State: Cave Creek, Arizona

Post by LosDosSloFolks » May 02 2019 10:39 am

@Alston_Neal
Thanks, but save the congrats till after I get to Cheyava Falls. I may not get back from the falls but as long as get there in my 18 month window it will be a huge win for team LosDosSloFolks! BTW, why are you so mean spirited towards the Norwegian members of HAZ? I ended my previous post on this forum in Flemish so please don't get mean with me too. :-)
"In beauty happily I walk, With beauty before me I walk, With beauty behind me I walk, With beauty all around me I walk"
Navajo Nightway Chant

BobP
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by BobP » May 02 2019 7:54 pm

On Jan 26th, I reached by 2019 Hazolution 10 months ahead of schedule, I hiked with Denny.
http://www.blindmotivation.com
http://www.seeitourway.org
Always pronounce Egeszsegedre properly......
If you like this triplog you must be a friend of BrunoP

Return to “General”