Breckenridge resident climbs over 400,000 feet to set Max Vert October challenge record

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Area, etc none
Pivo
Guides: 2 | Official Routes: 22
Triplogs Last: 2 days ago | RS: 0
Water Reports 1Y: 12 | Last: 139 days ago
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Breckenridge resident climbs over 400,000 feet to set Max Vert October challenge record

Post by Pivo »

Breckenridge endurance athlete Christopher Fisher ran up and down mountainsides totaling 400,333 vertical feet in October.

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/brecke ... ge-record/
Lookin’ back on the track, gonna do it my way, Lookin’ back.... ahhhhhhhh
LosDosSloFolks
Triplogs Last: 2 days ago | RS: 14
Water Reports 1Y: 30 | Last: 11 days ago
City, State: Cave Creek, AZ

Re: Breckenridge resident climbs over 400,000 feet to set Max Vert October challenge record

Post by LosDosSloFolks »

@Pivo
That's only 13,000' gain a day for 31 days straight.
The Institute Of Unfinished Research has concluded that 6 out of 10 people
chumley
Guides: 84 | Official Routes: 200
Triplogs Last: 21 days ago | RS: 40
Water Reports 1Y: 10 | Last: 27 days ago
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Re: Breckenridge resident climbs over 400,000 feet to set Max Vert October challenge record

Post by chumley »

Fisher’s strategy involved getting down the mountain as efficiently as possible in order to avoid being on his feet any longer than he had to be.
I can think of a much more efficient way to avoid being on your feet.
Fisher battled a lot of injuries and fatigue throughout the month, “My knee got to the point the first few days of the month that I couldn’t really walk or run up or downhill"
he also faced other injuries, including sprained ankles, foot tendinitis and quadriceps fascia tears. Fisher also had to face about six days of cold, wind, rain and snow
"Celebrating" it as an :worthy: "accomplishment" is not how I view it. [-( :? But to each their own. :M2C:
two scoops!
Pivo

Post by Pivo »

@chumley
My knees and lower back hurt just reading about this.
big_load
Guides: 0 | Official Routes: 1
Triplogs Last: 185 days ago | RS: 2
Water Reports 1Y: 0 | Last: 1,411 days ago
City, State: Andover, NJ

Post by big_load »

I thought I was doing pretty well averaging 5,000 feet a week. It would be easier to keep up if I had a mountain nearby.
Pivo

Post by Pivo »

Update on this guy:
Fisher had just spent the better part of 15 hours attempting to cover the Mosquito-Tenmile Range traverse in order to claim the fastest known time on the mind-boggling segment which covers 40-miles, 18,500 feet of elevation and 34 different peaks.

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/brecke ... -traverse/
PrestonSands
Guides: 169 | Official Routes: 87
Triplogs Last: 7 days ago | RS: 0
Water Reports 1Y: 19 | Last: 6 days ago
City, State: Oro Valley, AZ

Post by PrestonSands »

In no way does that sound fun or sane. I don’t understand the whole record setting mindset. Set a record, someone else will break it, and then all that punishing effort and injury for nothing.
"As soon as I can I’m sneaking back in them mountains..." -Johnny Paycheck
Jim_H
Guides: 64 | Official Routes: 24
Triplogs Last: 4 days ago | RS: 0
Water Reports 1Y: 29 | Last: 3 days ago
City, State: Marana, AZ

Post by Jim_H »

@PrestonSands
It's like the iron man races, the Leadville 100 or Badwater 135, and all of the other extreme things people do today they never would have until extremism became common in culture. The legendary first marathon runner died when he finished and delivered his message. I figure, the natural progression of this is to eventually have a competition or race where the last one standing, the participant that either didn't drop out or didn't die, wins. Also, you lose the title if you die within 72 hours, just to be sure.
sidhayes
Guides: 1 | Official Routes: 0
Triplogs Last: 2,596 days ago | RS: 0
Water Reports 1Y: 0 | Last: never

Post by sidhayes »

@PrestonSands Your born, go to school, get a job, get married, have children, and drop dead. All for nothing. Get it ? Everything is for nothing.

Return to “In the news...”