Hiking Movie: Gerry

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
imike
City, State: Cloudcroft, NM

Hiking Movie: Gerry

Post by imike » Mar 12 2013 5:25 pm

Had some bucks left on a gift card for Walmart... drifted over to the $5 DVd section to use up the funds: Noticed one with 8 movies, including the documentary on Everest 1996 Storm year. Once at home noticed it also included a drama based on K2... then, turning to the Matt Damon/Casey Affleck/Gus Van Sant 2002 indy film: Gerry turned out to be a hiking movie!!

One rather strange hiking movie, though it did ring very true to many of my solo outings... sort of felt I was watching "searching for godot".

But, $5 and three hiking movies... sort of hard to beat... and, there are 5 more movies yet to go... with name stars.

Cheap thrills!
Ageless Mind... Timeless Body... No Way! Use It and Lose It. Just the way it is...

Jim_H
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Hiking Movie: Gerry

Post by Jim_H » Mar 12 2013 7:31 pm

Gerry felt true to some of your outings? I think we shouldn't hike anymore. I prefer to not have to strangle you, or you me.
Nothing more enjoyable than a good hike out of town.

imike
City, State: Cloudcroft, NM

Post by imike » Mar 13 2013 7:05 am

from a solo perspective.... so, someone has seen the movie!!
Ageless Mind... Timeless Body... No Way! Use It and Lose It. Just the way it is...

Jim_H
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Jim_H » Mar 13 2013 7:56 pm

No, but I was a little surprised after reading the plot synopsis. I can understand as a purely solo hike. BTW, let's not do that on an Ortega Canyon South hike.
Nothing more enjoyable than a good hike out of town.

Return to “Poems & Literature”