Find
Map
MAP
A to Z
notifications my cmntsmy comments

Actual Phone Number for Kane Gulch Ranger Station?

Hiking Related – Not Trail Specific

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
Steph_and_Blake
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

Actual Phone Number for Kane Gulch Ranger Station?

Postby Steph_and_Blake » Jul 05 2017 3:33 pm

Hello,

I used to have the phone number for the Kane Gulch Ranger Station, but have misplaced it. I know the station doesn't open until Sept 1st, but I thought I'd try to get it before then. The number listed on their website is (435) 587-1500. However, this is actually the number for the BLM station in Monticello (they field phone calls for Kane Gulch). I've found the folks who man the Kane Gulch station to be very helpful and offer great insight.

Thanks,

Stephanie
Stephanie and Blake Barnard

CannondaleKid
Soap Box Kopelli
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Re: Actual Phone Number for Kane Gulch Ranger Station?

Postby CannondaleKid » Jul 05 2017 5:31 pm

@Steph_and_Blake
I had the number on my previous phone but it didn't make the transition to the new one. ](*,)

I'd recommend calling the Monticello BLM office and ask them for the number, that's how I got the number originally.
CannondaleKid
Change Phoenix website: PHOTOS & VIDEOS

big_load
You talkin' to me peli
City, State: Andover, NJ

Postby big_load » Jul 05 2017 7:55 pm

CannondaleKid wrote:I'd recommend calling the Monticello BLM office and ask them for the number, that's how I got the number originally.
They may not be too obliging. They successfully resisted my last attempt at more direct communication. The question I was trying to ask wasn't entirely straightforward and I ended up asking it face-to-face.

Steph_and_Blake
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

Postby Steph_and_Blake » Jul 06 2017 6:27 am

Thanks, all. I did ask the Monticello BLM, but they refused to give out the number. They were also pretty much useless when it came to answering my questions.
Stephanie and Blake Barnard

CannondaleKid
Soap Box Kopelli
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Postby CannondaleKid » Jul 06 2017 6:52 am

Steph_and_Blake wrote:They were also pretty much useless when it came to answering my questions.

@Steph_and_Blake
That may not be that much of a surprise to some, but personally I'm still a bit surprised... the first time I ever called them they provided a wealth of what proved to be very accurate information.
But I guess things can easily change in four years, which is when I had a ton of questions for them.
Maybe the helpful employee retired?

Edit: Through a pretty long and convoluted method I have come to accept there is no "public outside line" to the ranger station... when I 'thought' I was in direct contact using this number 435 587-1510 (the number to make reservations), in fact I was still speaking with someone in the Monticello BLM office.
CannondaleKid
Change Phoenix website: PHOTOS & VIDEOS

Return to “General”