Linked Descriptions none
Linked Areas none
Bumblebee
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Kassel, Germany

Utah trailhead to Las Vegas

Postby Bumblebee » Aug 04 2017 7:57 am

Hi there,

my name is Claudia, I`m from Germany and I`d like to hike the Arizona Trail next year. Since I don`t know any people in the USA I have nobody to "collect" me at the border to Utah. Is there a public transport to the next city? After my hike I would like to go to Vegas for my flight back home. Any recommendations how to get there?

How about Tucson? What`s the best way to get to the Mexican border?

Glad to hear from you.

Thanks

Claudia

t_d_singletree
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Utah trailhead to Las Vegas

Postby t_d_singletree » Aug 04 2017 8:28 am

Hi Claudia!

Have you found your way to the Arizona Trail Association's website yet? It has everything you'll need to know to make the best of your hike:

http://www.aztrail.org

There, you will also find links for ground transportation at both ends of the trail.

Of course, many other folks here have their own wealth of experience with the trail and will, no doubt, have helpful info as well.

All the best on your adventure!
"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer." -- Albert Camus

soccrosse
New Born Kokopelli
City, State: Mt Airy, MD

Postby soccrosse » Aug 06 2017 1:57 pm

@Bumblebee I'm also planning my thru hike for next year and have a similar question. I'm not sure what the easiest major airport to get to from the northern terminus is. I did contact a shuttle service that was listed on the AZT website so I'm set for the southern terminus. I couldn't find anything on this topic on their website so it looks like the best option is to reach out directly to the shuttle services they have listed.

geevans104
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Washington, UT

Postby geevans104 » Aug 06 2017 5:52 pm

Soccrosse & Bumblebee, or anyone else for that matter, my wife and I are in St. George, UT. We could give you guys a lift (depending on dates) to or from St. George and you could take a shuttle from here to the Vegas airport. It is approximately 130 miles / 2 hours from Vegas to St. George then 120 miles / 2.5 hrs to the Stateline Campground AZT north trailhead. This is the quickest route from Vegas.

Check out:
stgeorgeexpress.com

Bumblebee
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Kassel, Germany

Postby Bumblebee » Aug 07 2017 1:13 pm

@geevans104

Cool! That would be super neat! Is that your company? Means: can I contact you via the website? Or can we exchange cell phone numbers?

Cheers

LaughsaLot
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Norway, ME

Postby LaughsaLot » Aug 16 2017 1:01 pm

@geevans104
Hi,
I am trying to travel from St. George to the start of the Arizona Trail at the Utah/AZ stateline and hope that you can help. I am looking to travel sometime in the morning of September 13, 2017, but can move the date if needed. I am an avid long distance hiker. If you can help me, how much would it cost for the ride? Many thanks, "Laughs a Lot" aka Thomas Tomczyk

geevans104
Lil' Kokopelli
City, State: Washington, UT

Postby geevans104 » Aug 16 2017 2:00 pm

Return to “AZT Hiking”