Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
outdoor_lover
Dangling Kokopelli
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Coleman Lantern for Sale

Post by outdoor_lover » Feb 24 2018 6:09 pm

Does anyone still use the Gas Coleman Lanterns? We just unearthed my Dad's after cleaning out the Storeroom... It's stamped 10 55 on the Bottom. Not sure if that's the Year of Manufacture or not, but it is possible. My Dad did a lot of Hunting when he was younger... It will need Mantles and it hasn't been tested. Will be going up for 10.00 on the Garage Sale unless someone here wants it now for that.....Seems to be about what they are going for on Ebay....
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"

azbackpackr
River Paddler
City, State: Flagstaff, Arizona

Re: Coleman Lantern for Sale

Post by azbackpackr » Feb 26 2018 5:18 am

The struggle to light and maintain one of those, the noise, and the brightly- lit faces around the picnic table: An old gas lantern evokes fond memories. For me it goes way back to when I used to visit my aunt and uncle at their little mining camp in the Santa Rosa range in far northern Nevada. No electricity in the house, and we'd sit around the table playing card games by lantern light, talking and laughing. Those were the days. ..
Last edited by azbackpackr on Feb 26 2018 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

Sun_Ray
Javakaipelli
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Re: Coleman Lantern for Sale

Post by Sun_Ray » Feb 26 2018 6:56 am

@outdoor_lover
I’m keeping mine....to many fond memories of the early camping days with my parents.
Brian
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday......there is no SOMEDAY!

Return to “For Sale”