Looking for AZT section hike partner(s)

A continuous, 800+ mile diverse and scenic trail across Arizona from Mexico to Utah.

Moderators: HAZ - Moderators, AZT - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
SunDevil3
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Looking for AZT section hike partner(s)

Post by SunDevil3 »

Hey all,

I hope this is the appropriate place to post this. I live in the valley and I am looking for other HAZers who are section hiking the AZT and looking for partners or to share rides. I am less than 10% done with the AZT and I can already tell my wife and kids are tiring of shuttling me to "God only knows where this time" every couple of months. :D

My main need is someone to share rides and/or facilitate shuttle hikes of one or two passages at a time. I am glad to have company on the trail if you are looking for hiking partners but equally good backpacking separately and just sharing the ride to/from the trailheads.

I have a full-time job and family with young kids so scheduling is often tricky for multi-night backpack trips. I am really looking for fellow HAZers also looking to complete the AZT but limited by similar job/family timelines and needing help driving from place to place.

I am going to stop now as this feels enough like some bizarre dating profile already. If you are an AZT section hiker looking for the above, let me know.

Cheers!
"Being unselfish is a natural high, like hiking or paint thinner."
- Homer J Simpson
xsproutx
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Looking for AZT section hike partner(s)

Post by xsproutx »

@SunDevil3
Hey, I'm definitely game for either just working out shuttles or hiking together. I've got chunks of the AZT done and have done the AT in the distant past so have a lot of experience. I'm usually a solo backpacker but find it difficult to knock out more of the AZT that way and only so many times I can ask my wife to help with a shuttle. We have a kid (5 year old) but I work from home and have a pretty flexible schedule so can generally make things work for 1 or 2 nighters without much issue. I try to go out once or twice a month; I'm in far north Phoenix
Oh, I'm also a cancer and like long walks on the beach, so I got that going for me, too

Return to “Arizona National Scenic Trail”