I've been preparing for a group 4WD trek/camp/hike along the El Camino del Diablo by devouring just about any book I can set my hands on said topic.
My home library includes;
1. Arizona Highways March 1943 article by Barry M. Goldwater and Benjamin J. Kinsey
2. "Sunshot - Peril and wonder in the Gran Desierto" by Bill Broyles and Michael P. Berman
3. "Backcountry Adventures: Arizona" by Massey and Wilson
4. "The Devil's Highway" by Luis Alberto Urrea. True story about a May 2001 border crossing gone wrong - 14 men died...
5. "Camp-Fires on Desert and Lava" by William T. Hornaday. Was given a 1908 mint copy of the book for my birthday - great photos - luv it!
I'm looking for any additional recommended "reads" before setting off later this month. Any suggestions???