Christmas Tree Cutting

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
joebartels
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Christmas Tree Cutting

Post by joebartels » Aug 30 2014 5:12 am

It's dipping down into the 80's overnight again.
Get the whole family out in the truckster and make it a year to remember.

Prescott 2014 http://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/prescott/ ... ?aid=24745
Aug 26, 2014 - Dec 25, 2014
The sale dates and cutting dates for this year are November 17 – December 24, 2014.
All tags will be sold this year on Forest only thru each of the three Ranger Districts (Bradshaw, Chino Valley, Verde) beginning on November 17, 2014. There are no private vendors selling our permits this year.
The cost of a tag is $15.00 and a maximum of five (5) tags may be purchased per household, but each tag must be assigned to different names within the household.
All tags must be purchased in person at one of the District Offices listed above, and payment (cash, check, or credit card) is all that is needed at time of purchase.
Cutting information and cutting area maps will be provided with each tag sold.
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Re: Christmas Tree Cutting

Post by azbackpackr » Aug 30 2014 6:00 am

When my family was still at home, when we lived in Eagar, it was $10 for the permit. I remember the very first time we went to get one. My teenaged boys were excited about using a chain saw. I am sure we cut a bigger tree than allowed, but our house has a very high ceiling. I am sure I experienced "frost nip" on my toes that morning, also. Very cold, in the snow, up Big Lake Highway just before you get to FR 409, I think is where it was, back in 1999. We cut a tree every year for maybe 10 years, and it was always $10.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

Jim_H

Post by Jim_H » Aug 30 2014 9:21 am

The Truckster Family Queen Wagon? Joe got a new car, and he's not your everyday fool!
Are you ready for some women's volleyball!?!? Some Monday night women's volleyball!!

joebartels

Post by joebartels » Aug 30 2014 1:02 pm

@Jim_H If you think Subaru sucks wait till you drive the truckster!

@azbackpackr Sounds like a great family tradition :)
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Post by azbackpackr » Aug 30 2014 8:01 pm

joe bartels wrote:
@azbackpackr Sounds like a great family tradition :)
It was okay. I'm a serious humbug, though. ;)
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by chumley » Aug 31 2014 8:05 am

azbackpackr wrote:It was okay. I'm a serious humbug, though. ;)
Well I'm glad you've gotten past your suicidal Christmas spirit! : rein :
azbackpackr wrote: The only depression I ever had in the fall (in the desert) was after Halloween, when they start putting up the Xmas stuff in the stores. When I was raising my kids I was always made to feel by my inlaws, co-workers, family members, etc, that I never would be able to measure up to their big Xmas cooking, shopping and decorating orgies. I HATE the holidays with a passion--I still do--but they don't make me suicidal any more, since I don't have kids at home, don't have to put up a tree, decorate, cook or shop. No one can threaten me any more for not wanting to "celebrate." I haven't put up a tree for 4 years and it feels really, really good.
Profound observer

joebartels

Post by joebartels » Oct 12 2015 6:55 pm

That hundred degree chill is in the air again!

Apache / Sitgreaves
http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/asnf/news ... EPRD475410
Springerville, AZ; October 8, 2015—Thousands of people every year cut their Christmas tree from the national forests. This year the Apache-Sitgreaves (A-S) National Forests will have Christmas tree cutting permits available at all five ranger districts, the Mogollon Rim Visitor Center and the Supervisor’s Office. We will have 7500 tree permits available for any tree species.

We are anticipating that permits will be available for purchase starting November 16.
Each Christmas tree permit is for a specified cutting area and costs $15. The cutting season will end Christmas Eve (December 24) at midnight.

General information about the Christmas tree cutting program will also available on the Christmas tree permit hotline (928) 333-6229 and the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests web site under “Passes and Permits” at http://www.fs.usda.gov/asnf.

General Rules for Christmas Tree Permits
- Each Christmas tree permit is $15 for a tree up to 10 feet tall.
- One Christmas tree permit allowed per household—for personal use only.
- Trees must be cut within designated cutting areas.
- Trees may be cut until December 24.
- There are no refunds on Christmas tree permits.
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

Tortoise_Hiker
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Post by Tortoise_Hiker » Oct 12 2015 7:51 pm

Among other things,now when I think of Christmas I think of Santa on Battleship Mountain and Wally with the Captain on Four Peaks! LOL
Tortoise Hiking. Stop and smell the Petrichor.

Return to “Flora”