Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guide  • Havasu Canyon Trail, AZ
Linked Areas none
no avatar
rreader
City, State: Phoenix, Arizona

Havasupai permits

Post by rreader » May 30 2017 3:36 pm

I have two Havasupai permits for June 7-10 i'm trying to sell. I'm going with a group of 8 and we can't find anyone to take these last two permits. Is anyone interested in coming with our group (since the permits are non-transferable now) or have any advice about how to sell them? I'm not looking to make any money off them, just trying to make sure they get used and I don't lose the money I spent buying them. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Re: Havasupai permits

Post by azbackpackr » May 31 2017 5:37 pm

If they are non-transferrable, how can you sell them? (I haven't informed myself of the new regulations there, just wondering. For other government agency backpacking permits, such as at Grand Canyon, "non-transferable" means that someone else can't use them.)
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Post by chumley » May 31 2017 5:55 pm

@azbackpackr
As with GRCA permits, a trip leader with a permit for 6 can bring any other 5 people. As long as the trip leader is the person who purchased the permit, who the others are doesn't matter.
Highway to hell

azbackpackr
City, State: Flag-summer-Needles-winter

Post by azbackpackr » Jun 01 2017 6:26 am

@chumley
Okay, that makes sense, thanks.

Incidentally, one way to get a hike at Havasupai is to show up at the parking lot, ready to go, with cash in hand. There are generally groups going who have had cancellations, and if they are willing to take you on, then you have your hike. This happened to a group I was with a year and a half ago. A couple approached us in the parking lot as we prepared to leave and asked if we had any free space on our permit. The permit holder said, yes, and allowed them to go with us.
There is a point of no return unremarked at the time in most lives. Graham Greene The Comedians
A clean house is a sign of a misspent life.

no avatar
radmilakrejci1
City, State: battle ground

Post by radmilakrejci1 » Jun 23 2017 10:39 pm

like other suggested, talk to people at the trailhead and offer them, people are looking

Return to “Havasu”