hikeaz
Guides: 6 | Official Routes: 0
Triplogs Last: 57 days ago | RS: 0
Water Reports 1Y: 3 | Last: 56 days ago
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Really?....REALLY?

Post by hikeaz »

IG.png
Now they have to change the BCO code to CHG I guess?
"The censorship method ... is that of handing the job over to some frail and erring mortal man, and making him omnipotent on the assumption that his official status will make him infallible and omniscient."
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
Jim_H
Guides: 64 | Official Routes: 24
Triplogs Last: 5 days ago | RS: 0
Water Reports 1Y: 31 | Last: 11 days ago
City, State: Marana, AZ

Re: Really?....REALLY?

Post by Jim_H »

@hikeaz
If you have been paying attention to anything going on in the broader culture or the US Federal Government over the last few years, this will come as no surprise. Ridiculous? Absurd? Meaningless? Having no real impact on anything and only serving to cost money and irritate rational people? Yes, to all of them. Stemming from the politically correct "Woke" culture that has ideologically captured the system and is evoking memories of the same sort of renaming which carried out in the Soviet Union? Yes.

Fun Fact! The US Government still refers to "Native Americans", as "American Indians", on legal documents. https://www.bia.gov/jobs/Indian_Preference So, why is, "Indian Gardens", offensive? Don't try to understand it with logic. Instead, use a purely emotional method, like the most histrionic would, and then you can begin to approach understanding why it is. Pathos over Logos, always. Always.

Hey, at least they didn't do what Phoenix did and rename, "Squaw Peak", which I, as an outsider would never have guessed meant, "native aerobic-instructor", after a woman of native American descent. Was that irony lost on the renaming committee? Phoenix Mountain might have been better, to me. What do I know?
Enjoying living in interesting times!
PatrickL
Guides: 7 | Official Routes: 25
Triplogs Last: 3 days ago | RS: 0
Water Reports 1Y: 0 | Last: 502 days ago
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by PatrickL »

Who cares? :lol:
chumley
Guides: 84 | Official Routes: 204
Triplogs Last: 18 days ago | RS: 40
Water Reports 1Y: 9 | Last: 81 days ago

Post by chumley »

I’m just looking forward to reading the inevitable reports of hikers arriving there only to be disappointed by the lack of beautiful waterfalls they were expecting to find.
two scoops!
hikeaz
Guides: 6 | Official Routes: 0
Triplogs Last: 57 days ago | RS: 0
Water Reports 1Y: 3 | Last: 56 days ago

Post by hikeaz »

chumley wrote: Nov 21 2022 5:17 pm I’m just looking forward to reading the inevitable reports of hikers arriving there only to be disappointed by the lack of beautiful waterfalls they were expecting to find.
Especially the "Instagram set" after being shut out of the 'real' Havasupai permits.... they will think they 'sneaked in'. Of course they will exclaim "Where are all the Indians?".
"The censorship method ... is that of handing the job over to some frail and erring mortal man, and making him omnipotent on the assumption that his official status will make him infallible and omniscient."
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
no avatar
ShatteredArm
Guides: 7 | Official Routes: 4
Triplogs Last: 12 days ago | RS: 0
Water Reports 1Y: 46 | Last: 10 days ago
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by ShatteredArm »

Jim_H wrote:Stemming from the politically correct "Woke" culture that has ideologically captured the system and is evoking memories of the same sort of renaming which carried out in the Soviet Union?
You sound like you're a lot of fun to be around.

Return to “South Rim”