Remote Controlled boot liners

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
Linked Areas none
Al_HikesAZ
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Remote Controlled boot liners

Post by Al_HikesAZ » Jan 21 2011 8:58 am

This is interesting technology for cold climes. Now if they could invent a foot cooler for summers in AZ I might be interested :y:

"Remote Controlled ThermoSoles Boot Liners
You all know the feeling. You've just stepped out the door on a winter morning, for a hike or a snowshoe, and your toes are freezing! The thought of tromping through the forest evokes fears of frostbite. Enter the Remote Controlled ThermoSoles Boot Liners. With the click of a button your (fully rechargeable) boot liners can be clicked to high temps. But then you hoof it for a bit and the feeling returns, and soon you're climbing the highest point in your backyard and your feet (and self) are on fire. Don't annoy your partners by constantly changing socks and shoes. Just use your remote control to turn off (or to the low or medium setting) your liners. Instant control over foot warmth. (Hopeully, we'll get these in the hands of our online gear testers soon, for a true test.) ( dead link removed )
Anybody can make a hike harder. The real skill comes in making the hike easier.
Not if we can help it UNCLE JACK. http://www.sleepingdogtv.com/reel/Uncle-Jack.aspx Not if we can help it.

PLC92084
City, State: Vista, CA

Re: Remote Controlled boot liners

Post by PLC92084 » Jan 21 2011 9:01 am

@Al_HikesAZ

Al:

I'm sure we can come up with something functional... only problem is unit cost would probably run in the neighborhood of $3000-$5000 a pair.

joebartels
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by joebartels » Jan 21 2011 9:16 am

Just keep dry or they'll get extra warm for a few minutes :o

My insoles tend to wear through after time, wonder how that lithium feels :sl:
Anyone interested might save some moola and get the non remote version. They're cold activated so the remote is rather pointless ;)
Nevertheless I'd recommend each member buy at least ten pairs through that link :whistle:

BTW Alan... you don't soak your shoes in water then store them in the freezer in the summer?
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

Jim_H
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by Jim_H » Jan 21 2011 9:55 am

I seem to recall a coat that fit itself to the wearer and auto dried itself after getting wet in the movie Back to the Future Part 2.
Nothing more enjoyable than a good hike out of town.

PaleoRob
City, State: Grand Junction, CO

Post by PaleoRob » Jan 21 2011 10:36 am

I have battery heated socks from my P Fund days - not too bad, but not too good either.
"The only thing we did was wrong was staying in the wilderness to long...the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight..."
-Old Spiritual
My book, The Marauders on Lulu and Amazon

imike
City, State: Cloudcroft, NM

Post by imike » Jan 21 2011 12:39 pm

...cayenne pepper, mixed with medicated powder... dust your socks before you head out, carry an extra pair, pre-dusted, for the trip back... it's not remotely controlled but it be warm!
Ageless Mind... Timeless Body... No Way! Use It and Lose It. Just the way it is...

PLC92084
City, State: Vista, CA

Post by PLC92084 » Jan 21 2011 12:46 pm

@imike

Sounds like a recipe for Toe-males... :sl:

imike
City, State: Cloudcroft, NM

Post by imike » Jan 21 2011 12:55 pm

@PLC92084
...closer to Fry-Toes...
Ageless Mind... Timeless Body... No Way! Use It and Lose It. Just the way it is...

big_load
City, State: Andover, NJ

Post by big_load » Jan 21 2011 1:19 pm

I could never trust technology-based thermal protection (except for living in a heated house :D). However, back in his riding days, my dad liked his plug-in motorcycle suit.

Al_HikesAZ
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by Al_HikesAZ » Jan 21 2011 2:37 pm

joe bartels wrote:BTW Alan... you don't soak your shoes in water then store them in the freezer in the summer?
I tried that but I kept slipping and falling on my tuchis. :oops: And my wife got mad at me. :scared:
Anybody can make a hike harder. The real skill comes in making the hike easier.
Not if we can help it UNCLE JACK. http://www.sleepingdogtv.com/reel/Uncle-Jack.aspx Not if we can help it.

Return to “Footwear & Trekking Poles”