Linked Guide  • Boulder Creek Trail, AZ
Type Standard Hike, Climb, etc

Start Date 2010-12-18

# of days 1

DarthStiller
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Boulder Creek AZT - Saturday Dec. 18

Post by DarthStiller » Dec 13 2010 9:52 pm

The shoulder is all good now and the in-laws are watching the kids on the weekends, so I'm taking advantage of another rare Saturday when I can go out hiking. Planning to start at the Sunflower TH off 87 and hike 6 miles or so up and then turn around. Sometime later this winter I might then drive up to FR422 and do the upper end of both this and the Sycamore Trail, which fades away if you try it from the east side of Four Peaks. Leaving my house in Mesa at 5:30am.

I'll likely be going straight to Costco after I finish this hike, so carpooling arrangements for anyone interested will have to be made accordingly.

mt98dew
City, State: Phoenix,Az

Re: Boulder Creek AZT - Saturday Dec. 18

Post by mt98dew » Dec 17 2010 3:28 am

Hi Stillernator. Want to go hiking this weekend, but my wife wants to do some last minute Christmas shopping so she is very begrudging of my time. How long would it be round trip? Not that familar with that side of town... would you want to meet at the Costco if this doable.

DarthStiller
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Re: Boulder Creek AZT - Saturday Dec. 18

Post by DarthStiller » Dec 17 2010 7:14 am

If we start hiking at about 6:30-7am, we should be done by about 2pm. Depending on time constraints, I wouldn't be opposed to turning around a little early. Since it's an out-and-back, we have flexibility in terms of cutting it short if need be.

Probably the best meeting spot is Power Road and McDowell, which is just south of the 202. There's an Albertson's (and some gas station) at the SE corner there. If you drive in on the 202 that's probably the most convenient place for both of us, and from there we just take Power Road up to the Bush Hwy, to 87, etc.

Return to “Hiking Events”