Moderators: HAZ Group Coordinators, HAZ - Moderators

Type Standard Hike, Climb, etc

Start Date 2012-11-03

# of days 2

DaveB96
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

willow springs overnight 11/3-11/4

Post by DaveB96 »

super short notice I know, but if anyone cares to join we'll be leaving early saturday morning and heading for the junction of woods and chevelon canyon via willow springs canyon. Nice short hike and overnighter to break in the new boots, and a final test to see how my knee feels. I have room for two leaving from north phoenix, but if someone else wants to drive we could possibly do a shuttle from willow springs to woods canyon, if everyones up to it.
chumley
City, State: Tempe, AZ

Re: willow springs overnight 11/3-11/4

Post by chumley »

That's a nice canyon. I was there a couple of weeks ago. There's nice, flat, shaded camping at the confluence of the canyons there, but the water has gone underground at that point so you have to hike Willow a few hundred yards to get to the water. If you're lucky, the crops won't have frozen yet ;) http://hikearizona.com/photo.php?ZIP=291194
Championing breakfast since 1994.
DaveB96
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Re: willow springs overnight 11/3-11/4

Post by DaveB96 »

I saw that in your photoset, seems like an odd place to have a grow operation... but im sure by now they've moved on (hopefully). Plus I think its too cold to have anything growing out in the wild. Either way we shall see tomorrow..

Return to “Hiking Events”