Moderators: HAZ Group Coordinators, HAZ - Moderators

Type Standard Hike, Climb, etc

Start Date 2012-11-20

# of days 1

AZLumberjack
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ.

Hackberry Spring

Post by AZLumberjack »

Going to go on a "Spring Finding" hike to Hackberry Spring on Tuesday, Nov. 20th
MNLumberjack
Outdoor Lover
RWStorm

Leaving the Horse Parking Lot on First Water Road at 0900.
We will hike to Hackberry Spring then on to Garden Valley and return via the Trailhead and back to the Horse Lot.
This is open to anyone who wants to come along and meet some HAZ'ers in the wild and possibly stop at the Blueberry Mine Store for a refreshing cool one following the hike. :)
Last edited by AZLumberjack on Nov 15 2012 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
On every trip into the Superstitions, I find another Gold Mine. Today the mine was filled with Memories. I can not wait for the next trip.
rwstorm
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Re: Hackberry Spring

Post by rwstorm »

If you want to see me on that hike, we won't be starting at 0730. ;)
Onward into oblivion!
outdoor_lover
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Post by outdoor_lover »

I would think we could probably start a little later being it's a weekday. That would allow anyone from out of town or someone in town on the West side to not have to start too early...The only reason it was crowded when I went this week is because it was a Holiday....

Jack???
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"
kingsnake
City, State: Sunnyslope, PHX

Post by kingsnake »

By the time it is 0730, I have been up for three hours, including weekends. No alarm. I'm not sure if I should blame the world's worst case of jet lag (dating back six years or so), my cat who wants her bowl filled, or being in the Army for 21 years ... :|
http://prestonm.com : Everyone's enjoyment of the outdoors is different and should be equally honored.
rwstorm
City, State: Tucson, AZ

Post by rwstorm »

I have no problem with early starts, but it is a short hike, so why the need? I am also a morning person who is up early most of the time. But why should I leave Tucson at between 0500 and 0515 to get to First Water for such a minor hike? And though this does not apply right now, in winter when it is cold in the morning, I frequently adjust my start times to 9 or 10 am for easy hikes to let it warm up some (the opposite of the summer drill). :)
Onward into oblivion!
Hippy
City, State: Grand Canyon

Post by Hippy »

I'll only go if we hit the trail at 3:35am : rambo :
SuperstitionGuy
City, State: Queen Creek, Arizona

Post by SuperstitionGuy »

I will meet you'all at the trail head just to say hello once you all agree to a time. ;)
A man's body may grow old, but inside his spirit can still be as young and restless as ever.
- Garth McCann from the movie Second Hand Lions

Another victim of Pixel Trivia.

Current avatar courtesy of Snakemarks
Trishness
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

Post by Trishness »

I have to work to keep supporting all you retirees! But my time is comin' yes it is ;)
Trish-Kabob

"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds" Ed Abbey
Sredfield
City, State: Ahwatukee, AZ

Post by Sredfield »

Trishness wrote:I have to work to keep supporting all you retirees! But my time is comin' yes it is ;)
Retirement! I recommend it!
Shawn
The bear went over the mountain to see what he could see.
Trishness
City, State: Apache Junction, AZ

Post by Trishness »

Sredfield wrote:
Trishness wrote:I have to work to keep supporting all you retirees! But my time is comin' yes it is ;)
Retirement! I recommend it!
Shawn....12 years for me......12 loooooong years. OR 4383 days. Not sure which sounds worse! :o
Trish-Kabob

"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds" Ed Abbey
Nighthiker
City, State: Payson

Post by Nighthiker »

Actually go earlier, this is a good night hike.
jk
BEEBEE
City, State: Mesa AZ

Post by BEEBEE »

I have a possible flight that afternoon but I may come out in the morning and come in as far as I can and allow enough time to get back out.
"I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts."
outdoor_lover

Post by outdoor_lover »

@SuperstitionGuy
Either that, or meet us at the Bluebird Cafe later, that way you can visit for awhile. Give someone a phone number and we can call you.... :)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming, "Wow What a Ride!"
outdoor_lover

Post by outdoor_lover »

Speaking of Retirees, I may have to go kidnap Grasshopper from out of his cave for this one.... :D
AZLumberjack

Post by AZLumberjack »

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!

The start time has been changed to 10:00 Please make note of this so you're not out at the horse lot twiddling your thumbs, wondering what happened to the rest of the group :sweat:
On every trip into the Superstitions, I find another Gold Mine. Today the mine was filled with Memories. I can not wait for the next trip.
AZLumberjack

Post by AZLumberjack »

OOOOOPS, That was supposed to be 0900
outdoor_lover

Post by outdoor_lover »

9:00 sounds great Jack!!! I will see you then....Can you change it on the actual Event Description? That might help....
Sun_Ray

Post by Sun_Ray »

@mnlumberjack
Not that familiar with this area...about how many miles/how long will it take? Would love to meet everyone but have to be back to Carefree area by 2 PM.
Brian
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday......there is no SOMEDAY!
Grasshopper

Post by Grasshopper »

Outdoor Lover wrote:Speaking of Retirees, I may have to go kidnap Grasshopper from out of his cave for this one.... :D
:) Cave is correct and thanks for the invite! Sound like a fun time. I would be there to join in but I've had something for Tues-11/20 north of Globe on the calendar now for a week.
(Outside.. "there is No Place Like It!!")
outdoor_lover

Post by outdoor_lover »

Grasshopper wrote:but I've had something for Tues-11/20 north of Globe on the calendar now for a week.
Somebody's gonna go play in the Sierra Anchas again.... :D
@Sun Ray If Jack's taking the Route that I just did, it's a little over 5 miles....It took us 4 hours, but that was with an hour break and some Off-Trail exploring. Totally doable for you to be done by 1:00 I would think and if we're done sooner, you'll have time for the Cafe... :D

Return to “Hiking Events”