Sredfield wrote:I'd love to hear how you deal with a live, trapped skunk.
1. Run hose into wheeled trash container until half full of water
2. Use rake to drag skunk over to trash container by the chain to the trap
3. Lift the chain with skunk still attached (it's usually so involved with getting out of the trap to even think about spraying)
4. Drop the skunk into its new swimming pool
5. Wait til the skunk stops moving and the bubbles stop rising (luckily trap is heavy enough to hold it down)
6. Wait another 15 minutes or more
7. When you feel up to it, pull it out and remove the skunk from the trap
8. Double-bag it and drop in the now-empty trash container and hope trash pickup day is soon.
Luckily the first two skunks were dealt with the morning of trash pickup day.
Unfortunately trash pickup is three days away so I'm kind of wanting to leave it underwater for a day or so before continuing on to #7... but then again, even under water it may be ripe by time I have to open the trap.
Aw, what the heck, it's Tracey's house so I'll wait til she gets hoe from work and she can decide... or deal with it herself. [-X