SR87 - aka Beeline Hwy

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Guides none
 Linked Area, etc  • Payson N, AZ  • Payson E, AZ  • Payson W, AZ  • Payson S, AZ
chumley
Guides: 84 | Official Routes: 204
Triplogs Last: 16 days ago | RS: 40
Water Reports 1Y: 9 | Last: 79 days ago
City, State: Tempe, AZ

SR87 - aka Beeline Hwy

Post by chumley »

The engineering cluster :pk: that is the entire Slate Creek area is once again going under the ADOT knife.

The Beeline will be reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction until fall so that crews can once again attempt to prevent the whole area from sliding down the hill.

So, be prepared for slow traffic in the general Sunflower / Mt. Ord / Slate Creek area (about 20 miles south of Payson).

Info here: https://www.azdot.gov/projects/northcen ... t/overview
Last edited by joebartels on Feb 20 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
two scoops!
chumley

Re: SR87 - aka Beeline Hwy

Post by chumley »

@hikeaz with total a length of ~272 miles, anybody who reads this notice might appreciate knowing which section of State Route 87 this affects.
(for those who don't want to look it up ... MP 201-204, which is in the vicinity of Bush Hwy to Four Peaks Road)
two scoops!
hikeaz
Guides: 6 | Official Routes: 0
Triplogs Last: 55 days ago | RS: 0
Water Reports 1Y: 3 | Last: 54 days ago

Post by hikeaz »

@chumley
Reread.
Thanks!
"The censorship method ... is that of handing the job over to some frail and erring mortal man, and making him omnipotent on the assumption that his official status will make him infallible and omniscient."
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
chumley

Post by chumley »

@hikeaz Good grief that's insanely terrible of me. I apologize for my reply and the tone it took. My bad. :oops:
two scoops!
garyc57
Triplogs Last: 43 days ago | RS: 18
Water Reports 1Y: 0 | Last: 410 days ago
City, State: Mesa, AZ

Post by garyc57 »

chumley wrote:State Route 87 ... MP 201-204
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) has a resource for the public which can help. E-Maps - https://azdeq.gov/emaps
From that landing page, pick one of the maps that has very few items on it - I choose "Non-attainment Areas". Click "View Map".
When you arrive at the map, click the "Layer List" icon in the upper right corner, and scroll through the list, and deselect the non-attainment areas, so they don't clutter the map.
Then scroll to the bottom. Near the bottom (7th from the bottom?), click "Mile Posts", and green dots will show up on all state highways and interstates.
Zoom in on the road in question (SR 87?), and see the mile posts you're interested in.
NB! - County roads aren't included - most notably Lake Mary Road from Flagstaff down to its junction with SR87 near Clint's Well. It belongs to Coconino County, so there are no mile posts listed. Grrr!
I use this resource A LOT when I'm making directions for myself to get to sections of the Arizona Trail.
Enjoy!

Return to “Road Conditions”