username
X
password
register
for free!
help
show related photosets
Tonto Loop, AZ
mini location map2020-12-12
17 by photographer avatarHansenaz
photographer avatar
page 1   2
 
Tonto Loop, AZ 
Tonto Loop, AZ
 
Hiking avatar Dec 12 2020
Hansenaz
Hiking5.27 Miles 1,207 AEG
Hiking5.27 Miles   3 Hrs   55 Mns   1.46 mph
1,207 ft AEG      18 Mns Break
 no routes
1st trip
Linked none no linked trail guides
Partners none no partners
My friend Ken told me about a ruin he'd taken drone movies of. I planned a loop that would take me by it and connect to another ridge I'd walked down before. I knew it was a pretty good area to walk around. The area burned this year I think and about 80% of the day I was in burned country - the other 20% was mainly good walking on jeep roads or open ridges, a small fraction was catclaw dodging.

The main ruin was much more impressive than I expected. The fire had cleared the area exposing the room outlines and it went on and on along a ridge. I found my planned loop met up with a "trail" which probably was made by motor bikes and it passed a couple more isolated small ruins along the way.

Very nice day seeing so much ancient habitation with nice easy walking through the burn.
_____________________
1 archive
HAZ Member
Hansenaz's
429 Photosets

  2021-03-06
  2021-02-27
  2021-02-20
  2021-02-13
  2021-01-30
  2021-01-23
  2021-01-16
  2021-01-09
  2020-12-29
  2020-12-19
  2020-12-12
  2020-12-05
  2020-11-28
  2020-11-21
  2020-11-14
  2020-11-07
  2020-10-31
  2020-10-24
  2020-10-17
  2020-09-16
1,  2,  3,  4,  5 ... 22  
helpcommentissue

end of page marker