Dry Creek Road - FS 152

Moderator: HAZ - Moderators

Linked Areas none
mackt
City, State: Phoenix, Az

Dry Creek Road - FS 152

Post by mackt » Aug 30 2014 10:49 am

First off sorry if this has been covered I didn't find it. If it has been please let me know I'll remove this topic. I have a Chevy Silverado 2wd standard P265 tires so no high clearance. Any tricks to getting to the Secret Canyon trailhead in Sedona? I considered hiking the road in, called the rangers station they said there was nowhere to park close to the road. Maybe I can coordinate with someone on here that wouldn't mind giving me a lift in sometime unless someone has a better idea

Grasshopper
City, State: Scottsdale, AZ

Re: Dry Creek Road - FS 152

Post by Grasshopper » Aug 30 2014 12:35 pm

mackt wrote:I have a Chevy Silverado 2wd standard P265 tires so no high clearance. Any tricks to getting to the Secret Canyon trailhead in Sedona?
I must admit that I have never driven this road to reach the Secret Canyon TH, but on HAZ for how we generally classify the vehicle required, I can say with a fairly high degree of confidence that you having a "Chevy Silverado 2wd standard P265 tires" would be considered high-clearance. If this Hike Description for Trail #121 is presently correct with "Road / Vehicle: High Clearance possible when dry", then you should be good to go in your Silverado 4x2 Truck with most likely better quality standard LT (light truck) tires.
(Outside.. "there is No Place Like It!!")

joebartels
City, State: Phoenix, AZ

Post by joebartels » Aug 30 2014 12:44 pm

It is very bumpy. Dry would certainly be best. For some it'll be no big deal to boring. For others it will be ridiculous. They plowed in a berm at the beginning. Which is nice for those that want to test out their huevos. If you are sketchy about the first quarter mile then it's probably best to turn around and hike the extra 3.5 miles.
Hike Arizona it ROCKS!

mackt
City, State: Phoenix, Az

Post by mackt » Aug 30 2014 3:35 pm

Ok guys thanks a lot! I'm gonna do some other hikes tomorrow just so I can make a schedule and plan, but I'm gonna check the road out maybe come back next weekend

Return to “Road Conditions”