|Yosemite National Park loop, CA|
|Yosemite National Park loop, CA|| |
Yosemite National Park loop, CA
|Backpack||36.50 Miles||4 Days |
|9,913 ft AEG||25 LBS Pack|
||no linked trail guides|
Saturday - Day 1 – 11.75 miles
· Low point – 4,014ft. · High point – 7,859ft.
· Elevation Change – 3,858ft. · Accumulated Elevation Gain – 4,446ft. · Camping at confluence of Porcupine & Snow Creeks
Sunday - Day 2 – 16.43 miles
· Low point – 6,734ft. · High point – 9,229ft.
· Elevation change – 2,096ft.
· Accumulated elevation gain – 3,461ft.
· Camping at Sunrise Creek, above Little Yosemite Valley.
Monday - Day 3 – 8.38 miles
· Low point – 4,045ft.
· High point – 7,813ft.
· Elevation change – -3,768ft.
· Accumulated elevation gain – 91ft.
We climbed up and out of Yosemite Valley via the Yosemite Falls trail…this was our permit entrance. From there I designed us a route that takes us north, into the high sierras a bit, through some very well-known passes, waterfalls, meadows, and valleys. This then takes us east before heading south, where we hiked along sections of The John Muir Trail and passed directly in front of popular destinations such as Half-Dome and Quarter-Dome. We then dropped down into Little Yosemite Valley and descended the Vernal Falls (one of my must-see spots) via the Mist Trail. From there we curved north again and wrapped around before coming out of the mountains right at the Mirror Lake Trail head…our permit exit point.