|Hiking||14.70 Miles|| 8 Hrs 37 Mns ||2.29 mph|
|4,800 ft AEG|| 2 Hrs 12 Mns Break||15 LBS Pack|
|The Plan was just to get to someplace cool and away from areas we've done before.
This seemed to fit the bill. A three hour drive and the forecast of 78 degrees sounded perfect.
I didn't plan to have this hike be as SWEET as it was.....
Take a Granite Mountain hike, mix it with a Wilderness of Rocks Hike, add beautiful Oaks, Maples, Aspens, and numerous conifers. Next apply near perfect trails, spectacular views, and hardly anyone out on a perfect day, that's pretty close to what you have here.
We did a Counter Clockwise loop starting just off Hualapai Mountain Road.
I think the route went something like this:
- Deer Canyon Trail
- Stone Step Lookout
- Music Mountain Overlook
- Potato Patch Loop
- Aspen Peak Trail (Dean Peak Overlook)
- West Hayden Trail (Mt Tipton Overloook)
- West Hayden Trail? (Yucca Overlook / Dinosaur Rock)
- Hualapai Trail - East Overlook (not an official trail, follow old 4x4 road to the end)
- Hualapai Trail to the top and back.
- Potato Patch Loop (SE Section)
- Deer Canyon Trail back to the Truck
Favorite destinations on this day.
Aspen Peak Trail - nice trail, great views
Yucca Overlook - Expansive views, nice Aspen areas
Hualapai 4x4 to the East overlook - WOW, You have to see it to appreciate it.
The Potato Patch Loop - has a little bit of everything and would be a great loop choice.
JBM was at an all time low, or my filter is working better.
||Wildflowers Observation Light
|There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."|