username
X
password
register help
show related photosets
DESTINATION
Baby Jesus Trail from Catalina State Park
6 Photosets

2016-09-01  
2016-05-02  
2015-12-24  
2015-11-10  
2014-02-24  
2011-11-18  
mini location map2015-11-10
6 by photographer avatarMountain_Rat
photographer avatar
 
Baby Jesus Trail from Catalina State ParkTucson, AZ
Tucson, AZ
Hiking avatar Nov 10 2015
Mountain_Rat
Hiking15.37 Miles 2,013 AEG
Hiking15.37 Miles   5 Hrs   51 Mns   2.86 mph
2,013 ft AEG      29 Mns Break12 LBS Pack
 
Partners none no partners
So, I went into work at about 06:30 to a surprise day off. There's more. I thought it quite odd that the owner had gotten up so early as to help me open, and further surprised that his main concern was that I take my pay check. Now imagine my surprise to find not one, but two checks in my envelope :y: . Wait a minute :? ... :doh:

Well, it took me about 3.27 seconds to figure out what I was going to do with my new found freedom, and while this one was still in planning, it was the best I could wing on such short notice.

While I can't say as I regret my trek, I would do it quite differently the next time. Today's route was only 70% trail with the remaining 30% that unbearable jeep trail, including it's tour through the outskirts of Catalina. I was actually 'good morning'ed by a woman whacking weeds in her back yard. This end of the hike offered ZERO solitude. Hunters, campers 4-wheelers, mountain bikers, ranch hands and ranch owners everywhere clear to the 8 mile mark. The 8 mile mark just so happened to be where the road ends and the Baby Jesus trail begins. I shant go into detail here, as I will be posting a description for the trail soon, but it all turned out to be a mentionable, and memorable trail, as the trip home would prove.

Now, enough chit-chat. I need to get to bed early in prep for tomorrow's event.

water 1 out of 5water 2 out of 5water 3 out of 5water less than max Wooden Trough Spring Gallon per minute Gallon per minute
Trough is overflowing, and the creek below is flowing at several gallon per minute. The cleanest water I've seen in the western Catalinas.
_____________________
Matt
help comment issue

end of page marker