|Hiking||23.20 Miles|| 7 Hrs 5 Mns ||3.28 mph|
|5,090 ft AEG|
|I am not really sure how to describe the previous day's events that were a prelude to this hike. I could go into long drawn out detail but it's not necessary. Let's just say it involved but was not limited to some of the following:
* driving to Parker Canyon Lake to try and find someone that would shuttle us back today after the hike. (Took knocking on two doors of nearby vacation homes)
* having a situation with the Jeep due to a faulty repair job by Brake Masters a couple days prior.
* Driving the Jeep in Reverse from Parker Canyon Lake to Ft. Huachuca (apx. 20 miles)
* Getting into a wreck with the guard rail while driving in reverse.
* A taxi ride.
* A post midnight tow from the base to the motel.
Otherwise a pretty uneventful day filled with rain and thunder storms.
The Hike today.
Beautiful, Amazing, Fantastic, Awesome, Spectacular and Rewarding! I loved this section. It really has a little bit of everything. Lots of elevation gain, great views, a visit to another country, a nice trek to a lake, I mean what's not to like. For sure one of the best passages on the Arizona Trail in my book! I can't wait to go back and do it again from north to south.
A big thanks goes out to the guys at Donovan Dodge for going the extra mile this morning. Without them we wouldn't have been able to do this section today as planned. Also a big thanks to Geno our shuttle driver for taking us back to the Coronado National Monument.
JohnLP was a trooper also and went the whole way without a break for lunch or even a break at all for that matter!